1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by barge, Feb 27, 2005.

1. barge

barge Member

Hi, I have been backing up DVDs for a couple of years now, and have just struck my first problem I can't find an answer for. I tried to copy the film disc of pulp fiction collectors edition. Using DVDshrink I got a copy protected message. Using Decryptor to backup to hard drive, I got an unplayable set of files. Using Alcohol 120%, I got the "copy protected" message immediately. I tried to "ignore" the message, but no luck. Am I doing something wrong? or is the disc protected somehow?
    G

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

3. barge

barge Member

Thanks a lot. I noticed when I cleaned the HD directory and stated again with Shrink, it did an instant analysis of the disc, then repeated it's "copy protected" when I tried to write the, film only, to disc. The PF disc is new and in good condition. I thought that Alcohol120 would take an image and rite it to disc, but it doesn't want to know. I will try a clone prog tomorrow.
    G

4. barge

barge Member

I downloaded superclone, and this did the job without any problem. Before I got it, I did a deep analysis of the PF disc with shrink. There were 2 movie files numbered 1 and 2, each 6gig. When I ran each of them on the preview they were both the same....one a duplicate? . I deleted one of them and did a movie only backup to hard drive...another failure.
    The files(movie only) on my backed up disc show as 4.16 gb. In other words I'm lost on the tech aspect of this, as it has never happened to me before! Anyway, many thanks for your help.
    George