1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy protect when backup bourne supremacy

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by biglog9, Nov 24, 2004.

1. biglog9

biglog9 Member

i use shrink with all my backups, but i just got a new movie Bourne Supremacy and when i try to reauther just the movie i get a error that says the disk is copy protected. some of the movie get copied though.

i never have seen this before.

Is this a new protection thing on new movies?

i have backuped all my movie and never had this problem.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi biglog9,

Nothing new with that one.

You've been around enough to know that not everything can be ripped the same way. Use the "Big Dog", DVD Decrypter on this one -

Try these settings to make that proggy cut through "butter" -

http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

RIPPING WITH DVD DECRYPTER

I'd like you to check your DVD Decrypter's settings. First, it should be version 3.5.1.0. Go to "Tools", "Settings", set everything to "Default". Then in the "General" tab change, "Removal Method" from "Normal" to "Aggressive", in "File Mode", "tick" Remove PUO's." For ripping in the "ISO, Read Mode", "tick" "Remove PUO's" there also. in the "CSS" tab, under "CSS Cracking Method", choose "Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange" and "On Failure" choose "Yes". . IMPORTANT: In the "I / O" tab, in the bottom right, "tick" the box which says, "Ignore read errors". This is an excellent setting for dealing with scratched discs which may cause ripping problems.

Some people like ripping with DVD Decrypter using the "File" "Mode" BUT, especially for episodel-type DVD's, I feel that nothing can beat ripping the DVD using the "ISO", "Read", "Mode". After you've ripped your disc using the "ISO" "Read" "Mode", open DVD Shrink go to File", "Open Disc Image " to locate your ISO image - after allowing DVD Shrink to load up the image, just process it as usual then burn to disc using your burner of choice.

HINT: If you are going to burn with DVD Decrypter, DON'T FORGET TO - go back to DVD Decrypter after ripping, to reset the "Mode" from "ISO - Read" to "ISO - Write".

Happy Thanksgiving -

Pete

Remember, report back and let me know how you did :D)

3. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

BIGLOG,

How did you get Bourne Supremacy? Its not due out until December 7th.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2004
  4. biglog9

biglog9 Member

hey ScubaPete
    thanks for advice. I havent use dvd dycriptor in so long i forgot about it
    it did work by using it
    the only thing that baffles me is why shrink did not work. Happy Thankgiving to you too.

Bigwop
    for your question
    my future mother in law works retail and can get them before they are released.
    its nice i get all movies i want before they are released.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

biglog9,

Not every proggy does every DVD, that's why we keep backup proggys to do our work. I don't know anyone who relies on a single proggy to do their backup work. Me, I have gone a bit too far with 20 proggys, more or less to do my burning encoding and burning -

Anyway, using DVD Decrypter for ripping and burning ISO's is super proggy to have as a "backup".

Cheers,

Pete

6. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

Jeez,

I need to get me one of them there future mother in laws. LOL

7. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

i did what u said to do but now when i use dvd shrink to set it to 4300 it says 'The parameter is incorrect' what do i have to do to get my back up to work ??

8. lobstah24

lobstah24 Member

Me too..."the parameter is incorrect"
    Any suggestions?
    When you say remove PUO's there are two sets of them under both tabs in question
    IFO/BUP and VOB...do I tick both or just one of them?

Update:
    I rebooted my PC and tried again with shrink with the size set at 4360. I left all the languages alone and it ripped just fine. I'll let you guys know if it plays ok.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  9. rickdputo

rickdputo Member

I get "there doesn't appear to be enough space on the disc to burn this image." Do I continue. I've never this DVD Decrypter before. Thanks in advance.

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Rickdputo,

You're getting that error because you're trying to burn with DVD Decrypter. You have to check several threads not just pick one where someone is having a certain problem. We were dealing with that problem here. It is OK to ask questions BUT put some information with it, we're not at your house, lQQking over your shoulder, we need to know everything about your problem - Your PC's specs, the proggys you're using, what exact error you're getting - Ya get me ? Kool -

OK, then, here's Class # 1,

Here at AfterDawn we have a super neat tool called a Search function. It's loaded with stuff that covers your question - Here, I'll show you how to use it -
    Now the following is a little confusing so stick with me ~ ~> There is a box at the top of each page that is empty and has the word "Search" printed by it. By typing in a request, in your case, "DVD to DVD" - It should give you some associated material found throughout the forums. Pple who are asking the same or similar questions and some answers to those questions. Some stuff you can use, some stuff you cannot :<(- Take a lQQk around and see if something applies or not.
    You with me up till now ? Good ! Now, after you've arrived at that page, if you can't find what you want, then, in some very small print, under the heading "FORUMS", then under that "FORUM SEARCH", you'll see "Search options" then "Site-wide search" in really tiny print. Heh, heh, Ya still with me ? Yea, I know it's messed up - Anyway, by "clicking" on that "Site-wide search", you'll get a whole ton of Guides and related information about your topic, " DVD to DVD". I'm sorry it's so "round about" but we do have a lot of information for you :)

Browse on through that and, if you get stuck once you've begun using a guide just stop on back and we'll try to help you over whatever "bump" in the road you've hit or are having trouble with we'll try to help you get over it -

For instance, here is one with an excellent guide about 1/2 way down the page that will have you going in no time -
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/74599

Don't be afraid to stop back and let me know how you made out -

Cheers,

Pete

(BTW, welcome to aD -: )

11. klinger

klinger Regular member

Backed this movie twice now first I time F-UP I got sub titles second time no problem using DVD Shrink and Nero 6.6 for burning

12. n8dagr88

n8dagr88 Member

I have tried both DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 and got errors then I tried ripping it with DVD Decrypter and it ripped the movie but I want to burn it through DVD shrink so it fits on one disk but when I try and burn it by using either open image or open files i get the same error as before. Any help?

13. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Rickdputo,

YOU HAVE BEEN ASKING ME THE EXACT SAME QUESTION ON TWO DIFFERENT THREADS -

STOP POSTING HERE !

14. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

klinger,

That's the way to go Mate, Congrats ! ! !

Pete

n8dagr88,

What errors did you get with DVD Shrink, Exactly - At what point did they occur and what did they say -

What errors did you get with DVD Decrypter, Exactly - At what point did they occur and what did they say -

Again, What errors did you get with DVD Shrink, Exactly - At what point did they occur and what did they say -

PLEASE
    remember, I'm not there, in your room, looking over your shoulder, draw me a picture, step by step from beginning to end so I have a some clue what you need help with -

Pete

15. adaski

adaski Member

all you spankys that wana copy bourne supremacy heres how and the only way it works i was told

use anydvd
    use clone dvd2, delete the last 3 or 4 titles that have no time or space assosiated, also delete the title that has a 1sec play time, change the output to dvdfile not burner, save on your hard drive

then use shrinkdvd or your favorite burning software
    later

16. hugabone

hugabone Member

I havent had any problems using DvdCopy2/AnyDVD split onto 2 disc but when using Shrink, I do get a lockup on one of the latter chapters. I burned twice and the samething happens.

17. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi adaski,

I guess you were told by someone who didn't know (heh, heh, isn't always the way ?

AFA the Bourne Supremacy, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and one or two others - In "Unreferenced materials" in title 1 menus, there is a "Boy" running (in green shorts too). Sometimes DVD Shrink gets through it sometimes not -

If you are stuck, then go to that Unreferenced section - Go to "Compression" select "Custom Ratio" then select "Still image" then try DVD Shrink again, it should slide right on through, like a hot knife through tender Turkey -

Cheers,

Pete

18. Skibums

Skibums Member

ScubaPete,

Thank you for your advice! (Setting the Unreferenced section to Still Images) This was the only way that I could rip!

Because otherwise, nothing worked for me. DVD Shrink would load the disc fine, but when I tried to back it up, the program stopped responding, and nothing would happen.

BTW, who is that boy? And why is it there?

19. adaski

adaski Member

oh scuba pete hope your gone run out air shortly, cause your mouth is drowning this fourm (heh, heh)

Clonedvd2 decrypts fine but locks when burning
    dvdshrinks video quality sucks when making 1 disc
    intervideo copy gets errors
    dvd decryptor works but have to remove runin man
    1 click copy works

power to those that go it to work

20. hugabone

hugabone Member

Which part are you referring to as running man? I would assume you are talking about when Bourne gets shot from behind in the shoulder. If so then my copies backed up using Shrink stops right when the cops pull theirs guns on the Secret Service agent. The DvdCopy2 copy came out fine. I dont get any errors.I mostly use DvdCopy now because I split my disc into 2 and there DvdCopy works better.

Both s/w are limited in what they can do, DvdCopy is faster and you get the same copy quality if not better than you would with Shrink. I havent used the quality enhancement but I do use deep analysis.