1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy Protected DVD Data......plz read this

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by BiG_SeXy, Sep 10, 2004.

1. BiG_SeXy

BiG_SeXy Member

I have some DVDs (5 of them) which i wish to make images of on my PC. They are around 8 gb each disc.

The problem is i think they are copy protected....i tried copying them but some read errors happen....i tried clonecd, and my image file was only sum 1gb in size....i tried dvd decrypter and i got more than 20 read errors....i need this bad....plz tell me wht to do....

2. BiG_SeXy

BiG_SeXy Member

Rite now i'm trying to backup disc-4 using DVD Decrypter and its still going on. its been going on for 03hrs15min now and only 47% complete with 143 errors(2903 retries) and still increasing.

wht im tring to backup is a software from CAT. very important software for office purposes....and i just bought a 80gb hard disk for this already...

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Have you tried nero or alcohol?

4. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

Best software would be MagicISO or an ISO making Software, not nero or DVD decrypter - afterall its software not movie

5. negatyve

negatyve Member

You MUST remember that in order to write a file over 4gb you will need to have an ntfs file system on the disk you're ripping to. I will tell you that Alcohol 120% disk images perfectly (never had a problem) but if it does have copy protection, you might want to find some software along the lines of CloneyXL which will tell you what copyprotection scheme it has so you can search and find out how to get around it.

6. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

copy protection? on Software?

hmm, copy protection on Games, yes

never heard of software copy protection

like i said all u need to do is make an ISO