Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by jacobeam, Jul 17, 2007.
how do i take my copyprotected dvd's and put the video on my ipod???
AnyDVD and Clonedvd Mobile visit slysoft.com
i can vouch for cucusoft dvd to i-pod converter. does it all for you
dvd fab hd decrypter, dvd shrink, and videora ipod converter is the free alternative
Here's what I do...
Applications needed (all free)
- DVD Shrink
- SUPER (Media Encoder)
Use DVD Shrink to rip the movie to your computer HDD, make sure you have the saved outut as a DVD Folder. Open VobMerge and locate the DVD folder you just burnt, then enter the "Video T-S folder". Due to the way some HDD's are formatted, the video files (.vob files) you need to encode may be be limited to about 1GB each in size. Use VobMerge to put these together then output as a single .vob file. Encode using the brilliant free media encoder SUPER. It has a setting for video iPod's, I usually encode to 640 x 480 resolution, 25 fps, 768 kbps video bitrate, and a 96 audio bitrate. Once encode, import the file in to iTunes and sync it to your iPod!
Things to remember...
1) Encoding .vob files to H.264/AVC (which is what I recommend), will take time and CPU resources. Probably best to to this encoding overnight.
2) Chapter markers are lost, so you will not be able to skip to specific parts of the video.
3) Watching a full length movies will drain the battery of your iPod quite quickly, I prefer to encode and watch episodes of shows like Scubs and Two and Half Men which are only about 20 mins long.
4) Please encode movies that personally own, as within the copyright laws of your state/country.
Hope you found this info useful, I love watching video on my 30GG iPod!
all i can say is thanks as i have problems with loads of programmes and finding them and problem solved
see this *spam removed*
blindspot.....I followed your instructions on how to convert DVD to iPod and I got the video fine, just no audio. What did I miss?
One Word Mate And its Super easy
hope it works and helps
Does the merged .VOB file have sound?
I've been trying different things. If I only do shorter segments, I get sound but it's out of sync. So yes, the .vob has sound now, just not in sync. Thanks
i recommend you use the dvd decrypter and then go into its settings to select merging and it can do file splitting to none so you have the movie and have it as one large file with the sound in unprotected .vob.
you then can select only the main movie and take out the sub titles and select the video and the audio min your language.
oh and ddayton64 the reason you didnt have any sound is because you only ticked the video you unselected the audio.
Share : rip DVD and convert Video to iPod
The article includes two parts.
Part 1: Rip DVD movie to iPod (Windows)
Part 2: Convert AVI, WMV, MPEG, RM, RMVB, ASF, MOV, DivX, XviD, MPG to iPod MP4 or H264 format (Windows)
How to rip DVD to iPod (Windows)
1. Download the latest version DVD to iPod Converter + iPod Movie/Video Converter Suite at ***link removed*** and install it. You can download about it by referrring here.
***link removed***2. Run the DVD to iPod Converter, load your DVD by clicking 'Open DVD' button or choosing 'Open DVD' from 'File' drop down menu. One or several titles appear in the list after loading DVD.
3. As usual, the longest title is the main file of the movie. You can remove the title you don't like to convert by unchecking the title. Set 'Subtitle', 'Audio Languages' to what you like.
4. To 'Output Folder', Enter the full pathname or choose the path where you want to save your video files by clicking the related button.
5. Click 'Convert' button to start the iPod DVD conversion.
6. Find the .mp4 file that DVD to iPod converter created and drag it into your iTunes library, or select 'Add File to Library' from the 'File' menu and select the encoded movies. Now you can watch it with iTunes or Quicktime Player on your PC.
Tips: Download iTunes 7+quicktime Player package from Apple - QuickTime - Download
7. Load the MP4 files to iPod by clicking 'File -> Update iPod'. Now, you can enjoy the movies on your fifth generation video iPod anywhere and anytime.
 How to convert iPod video, such as AVI to iPod, WMV to iPod, MPEG to iPod, RM to iPod, RMVB to iPod, ASF to iPod, MPG to iPod, DivX to iPod, XviD to iPod video using "cucusoft iPod Video Converter + DVD to iPod Suite". (Windows)
1. Download the latest version iPod Video Converter + DVD to iPod Converter Suite, and install it. For more features about it, visting ***link removed***
* To convert RM/RMVB real media files to iPod, Maybe need to install Realplayer:
RealPlayer - The best audio and video player - Real.com
* To convert WMV, ASF to iPod, Maybe need to install Windows Media Player:
Microsoft Windows Media — Your Digital Entertainment Resource
2. Run iPod Video converter component. And load the video files you'd like to convert by clicking 'Open file' button.
***link removed***Click 'Output' and choose the pathname where you want to save your video files. Click 'Convert' to start converting video to iPod MP4 or H264 files.
Tips: Before converting, you can click 'Advance -> Video settings' to set 'Video format', 'Resolution', 'Framerate', 'Output Quality'. If you'd like to convert video to H264 files, please set 'Video format' to 'H.264 FQ Variable Bitrate'. 'MPEG4(.mp4) FQ Variable Bitrate' is the default value. Certainly, you can also set 'Audio Bitrate', 'Channels', 'Sample Rate' and 'Volume' in 'Audio Settings' page.
***link removed***As usual, we set "Resolution" as "320x240" (i.e. default settings), certainly you can also choose other video sizes you like.
3. After converting, you can open the output folder to check and play the iPod video files (.mp4 or .mov) using Quicktime Player (Freeware, Quicktime Player+iTunes downloading address Apple - QuickTime - Download ).
4. Transfer the iPod videos to iTunes by draging or clicking "File -> Add File to Library". Now, you can enjoy them on iTunes. Then hit "File -> Update iPod" to sync to your iPod.
How do you know if these softwares can get past the encrytions? DVD Shrink does but I'm having problems syncing some of the audio/video.
these software were made to do this job. by copying your protected dvd's to ipod, psp, dvd, zune or what ever.
you just need to know how to use it properly to get it right.
i had the same problem but now know how to do this.
take a look at this forum guide see if it helps http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/297023
hi my name is vince i have a ipod 80gb one im trying to find a way to get my simpsons shows on my ipod anyone out there please help i have used like 10 different programs and nothing is helping i have used dvd decriter to make it a vob iso file then convert it to a mpeg4 for the ipod format then when i go to open it says sorry this file cant play on your ipod please help
yes when you have ripped the indevidual shows off the cd/dvd from dvd decryper i recommend you use videora, jodix, dvdvideosoft do free software. these are good free converters are you sure you know how to use dvd decrypter?
you mght still have protected .vob files
well i have this program i found called dvd43 when you put a dvd in it takes the protection off so u can do what you please with the dvd have you heard of dvd43 ??? as for dvd decripter i just instert the dvd and pick all the vob files then merge them together for movies
Separate names with a comma.