1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy protected Medal of Honor

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by eeleye99, Apr 12, 2005.

1. eeleye99

eeleye99 Member

I want to copy the new Medal of Honor (MOH) I just got. So I copied MOH with CLone CD, by first making an image file, and then writing it to the CD. Every time I copy a PC game, such as MOH or Half-life, the CD shows the intial prompt, allows me to install, and everything, except it doesn't work when I start to actually play the game. The normal CD will work on my computer. THe message that appears is when a program doesn't respond properly and Microsoft wants to send in info about it. Any clues?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The true test of a copy is launching the game so your copies aren't up to snuff. What make/model burner are you using? What read/write speeds did you use?

3. eeleye99

eeleye99 Member

I am using a Sony 16 speed +/- dual DVD burner. I always burn at relatively low speeds (probably at 8 instead of 40X for CD's), and I didn't do "on the fly" which copies directly instead of putting an image file on my hard drive.

4. Nephilim

By the "new" Medal of Honor I'm assuming you're referring to Pacific Assault? If that's the case the game is apparently protected by Safedisc 3.20.024 which is going to be a tough one. Sony DVD/RW's have never been good at backing up PC protections so I wouldn't hold much hope for a working backup (one that doesn't require emulation to run).

Given your burner's attributes I'd say your best bet would be to use Alcohol 120% which is a very good choice for backing up SafeDisc. More than likely you're going to need all of A120's emulation options to run the game. Read and write speeds should be kept to 4X :)

5. eeleye99

eeleye99 Member

Actually, it is Medal of Honor Allied Assault, with breakthrough and spearhead expansion. I heard there is something called "NO cD", but I will investigate that and Alcohol.

6. Nephilim

Just so you're aware we don't discuss nocd cracks here ;)

7. adsfbike

adsfbike Member

hey i had a quick question, im trying to back up my command and conquer generals game, i have a lite-on burner, and alchol 120% but it never seems to work, it always gives me some error and keeps on trying and trying over and over agian, if anyone can help that would be awesome, thanks

8. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

What are your settings when you use Alcohol?

9. adsfbike

adsfbike Member

thanks i got it now, iused a program to find what protection device was on it, now i got it thanks again