1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy protected tv

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by DannnyBre, Oct 24, 2007.

1. DannnyBre

DannnyBre Member

I have read a lot of posts on this site and others. The more I read and with all the different suggestions the more confused I get. I would like to record a few movies from premium cable such as HBO. Not sure what would work with my setup. Sony Trinitron TV, Sony RDR-GX355 DVD recorder, Comast digital cable. I have read about video enhancers, digital video stabilizers, the dimax grex, etc. Just read about the clearpix 200 that I haven't checked into yet. TVCRITIC you said something in your posts back in March that the Sony won't record copy protected tv with the Grex but records fine with the Presidian & Grex ? SINGIAI you were saying the Presidian pdr3222 will record protected tv by itself without any type of bypass ? Does anyone know if DIMAX is still in buisness ? Have not recieved a reply from them. Would really appreciate help from anyone.

Thanks
    Dan

2. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

3. DannnyBre

DannnyBre Member

OLYTEDDY

Yes I've heard of google and the link you posted brought me to the same place I already e-mailed them from. Apparently either you didn't read my post thru or understand it. I was looking for some clarification to conflicting and contradictory info that I read on this forum. Case in point the Grex. If you can't offer any help or have anything constructive to say why don't you find something else to do. I may be a 'newbie' but your not talking to an idiot !

4. res2cue

res2cue Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2007
  5. DannnyBre

DannnyBre Member

OLYTEDDY

You're right about the post. For some reason it didn't go where I intended. I try to treat everyone with courtesy and respect and expect the same in return. Your original reply seemed a little condescending. No harm no foul. Let's leave it there. Just looking for a little help.

6. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

Sorry, didn't mean to come off as an a$$h@t. You might find an older capture card and bypass the anti-record flag that way. As far as I can tell, my Hauppauge PVR USB2 card ignores it, if it's present on all Comcast HBO feeds.