1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy Protection error with DVD ROM, but not Burner

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by zeezow, Dec 9, 2004.

1. zeezow

zeezow Guest

I have recently purchased an ASUS DVD-E616P2 in order to upgrade my CD-ROM. I have successfully been able to backup DVDs using my Plextor 708A burner with DVD shrink for about 8 months now. I haven't found a movie yet that would generate errors. I have installed the DVD-ROM and have discovered that i cannot decrypt any movies with DVD Shrink using the new DVD-ROM. However I can take the same movie, place it in the plextor and decrypt it with no problem. Is this an issue with this particular drive?

Other info that may help... I can successfully use the DVD ROM with DVD Decrypter and then use those files to back up the movie with DVD Shrink. But I am would prefer to create a one click backup process.

Any Thoughts?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Open Shrink, click edit then preferences. Can you post what is checked under "Output Files" & "I/O" tabs?

Also, have you tried re-installing Shrink?

3. Troy1x

Troy1x Guest

I have the exact same set-up...

Asus I don't what they did but you can't use dvd shrink with it. But there is a way around it.

Go to asus.com and download the latest firmware. Then go too http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

And download the latest firmware regien free , so those encrypted dvds can be backed up.

4. burninv

burninv Member

I have the same problem with slightly different hardware (see sig). I went to PD's site, no firmware update. nothing on this site either http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php.
    shrink settings are:
    output all but last one ticked
    file i/o only 3rd one ticked
    when I set up the PD rom in properties I set it up for region one. If you need more info let me know Please Help.

Thanks ,Vern

5. burninv

burninv Member

sorry here is my full sig
    CASE: RAIDMAX 228S 350W
    MB: ALBATRON PX845PEV PRO
    CPU: P4/2.4BGHz 533M 478PIN/512K
    RAM: DDRAM 512M|DDR333 PC-2700
    HD1: 120GB WD
    HD2: 80GB WD
    DVD+R/RW: NEC DRW-NE-0ND1100A
    DVD ROM: 16x PACIFIC DIGITAL U30115