1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy Protection Error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Matt1234, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Matt1234

Matt1234 Guest

when trying to make an ISO image file using DVDshrink it comes up with an error msg saying:

Copy Protection Error

The Request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

any help with this will be great thanks,

Matt

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

What movie is it. There is a new wrinkle in the protection. Run a searh on the title and see if others are having the same problem.

3. Matt1234

Matt1234 Guest

Yea i did. some others had but it seemed only to be a problem with Van Helsing.

i tried 2 DVD's Goldmember and Pulp Fiction.

i seem to have fixed the problem now by downloading "DVD43" but when i try to create an ISO image in DVD shrink it comes out as an MDS file. in all i get 6 files called FILENAME.I00 FILENAME.I01 FILENAME.I02 FILENAME.I03 FILENAME.I04 FILENAME.MDS

any idea why this is happening? and if it is being caused by DVD43?

thanks again

4. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

my bad

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  5. Veblin

Veblin Active member

No, it is not caused by DVD43. It is caused by the file system used on your hard drive.

Your hard drive probably has a FAT 32 file system that has a 4GB file size limit.

When DVD Shrink is used make a ISO Image on a FAT 32 file system , it will make a type of split Image File that will fit in the 4GB limit. .MDS .I01 .I02 .I03 etc.

What you can do.
    Use the .mds file that controls the split ISO Image with DVD Decrypter to burn the DVD.
    Mode > ISO > Write
    Select .mds file.
    Use DVD Shrink in File Mode and Select backup target:
    Burn with Nero: Drive letter
    or
    Create DVD Files: Hard Disk Folder
    If you are using Windows XP or 2000 you can convert your hard drive to a NTFS file system.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/convertfat.mspx

More info here.
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44596

6. Matt1234

Matt1234 Guest

cheers guys. i got it to work in the end with ur help :] (was because of the FAT32 so burned it in dvd decrypter thru tools>create DVD MDS file)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2005