1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy Protection Error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by aggreko, Mar 5, 2005.

1. aggreko

aggreko Guest

I have never been able to copy a DVD with copy write. I have shrink 3.2 , and nero operating on windows x.p. with a 120gb hard disc etc.etc.when, after shrink has done its thing and i click on either backup or copy I get (copy protection error the request could not be performed i/o device error). friends have the same system as mine as well as same software and theres work fine using the same dvd I am trying to copy. I,m new at this stuff so any help would be appreciated regards
    Graham

2. gazza1233

gazza1233 Member

try writing the file with alcohol 120% works for me also if it cant get round the css search for a program called dvd43 strips the css off for you

have fun

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Like gazza1233, your friends pc may have programs like dvd43 or anydvd running in the background .

These are background programs that help dvd shrink pull off the encryptions. I believe dvd43 is not updated as often at anydvd. Especially the newer encryptions like the Grudge,shrink alone couldn't rip it. You can get a free 21 day trial of anydvd by slysoft and see if you can rip those dvd's.

Another free program and a more powerful ripper is dvd decrypter.Dvd decrypter was just updated at the first of the year for those newer encryptions. Check out these great guides: http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

It's always handy to have several different ripping programs in case you run into encryption problems.