1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy /ps2games/play on pc

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ratchet, Nov 20, 2003.

1. ratchet

ratchet Member

I have cd rom r/wr burner & dvd wr/can i still copy ps2 games &how do i play these on my pc if so. cant fined a emulator that works??

2. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

dude... give it up. ps2 are emulators are not going to play commercial games for a LONG time. just invest in a ps2 and your troubles are over.

3. ratchet

ratchet Member

ok i give up i still whant to know if i have acd rom burner &dvd reader can i back up my ps2 games and if so what do i use.

4. reddragn

reddragn Guest

I use Alcohol 120 % and I have the Swap Magic Discs version 2.0

5. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

u can make backups of ps2 cd based games fine (these have a purple bottom) if you want to make backups of dvd based games, which are the majority of ps2 games (silver bottom), you will need a dvd recordable drive unless you rip out fmv video sequences and audio from the game. i can't help you with that. the easiest way is to search for ripping guides and kits by doing a search on google for the specific game you're trying to make fit on a cd-r... a big pain in the ass.

6. ratchet

ratchet Member

ihave some ps2 games that have it looks to me like it a black bottum to me i have tryed to burn these games it dont work i have used alcohol 120% and clonecd are there ones just for games

7. reddragn

reddragn Guest

Well it sounds like the games with the black bottom are PS1 games, and you need the swap magic discs or a modchip to play PS2 backups, the backups of the games with the black bottom should work after you boot them with the Swap Magic Dics or you install a modchip in your system.

8. ratchet

ratchet Member

thank you i have win98se cdrom/burner/dvdreader what do i use clonecd alcohol120 and if there r software of these type just for burning games i cant seem to fined them i have clonecd&alcohol120 i can burn every thing but my games help!!.