1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy sticking in home DVD player

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tkecowboy, Aug 9, 2004.

1. tkecowboy

tkecowboy Guest

I recently bought DVDXtreme. I used DVDXcopy express to make my first copy of a DVD I had. I was able to re-enable the ripping feature with the help found here on the boards. The copy plays fine on my computer's DVD player. However, when I play it in my home DVD player, it gets very pixelated in spots and pauses a lot. I used a DVD+R media, which I understand COULD be the issue. Are there any others issues I should look at? Thanks.

Glenn

2. jahern

jahern Member

Posted a similar entry today. 8/9/2004 I've had a couple of similar experiences. When I get a copy that sticks or tiles like what you say I:

1. Play the extracted files used to make the disc at point of problem to see if the problem exists pre-burning. (This led me to see that one of my originals needed to be fixed)

2. I burn at a slower speed.

So far, I've only used fuji dvd+r. The copy I burn after the sticking copy has been OK

Since my computer plays the discs OK I think that I might need to get a better player. (That's what somebody suggested to me)

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

since you can't control the burn using XCopy products, try buying slower media. Like 2.4x

4. tkecowboy

tkecowboy Guest

Well, I tried the copy in my other DVD player last night (newer and better model) and it ran flawlessly. Considering that I made the copy with an Imation(not the best brand) DVD+R and can still get it to run bodes well I think :) I also played around with DVDshrink a little last night. Boy, do I like the ability to re-author a DVD.

5. jahern

jahern Member

quote: I tried the copy in my other DVD player last night (newer and better model) and it ran flawlessly

Thinking of getting a newer and better DVD player myself. What is the make and model of the player which plays flawlessly that which tiles and sticks in other models?

6. tkecowboy

tkecowboy Guest

The DVD player that works is a GoVideo DVD/VCR combo that plays CD, DVD, MP3 formats. I can't remember the model, but I'll check when I get home. I got it about 9 months ago for about $199. I'm sure GoVideo rebrands it, but I'm not sure who the real maker is. It'd be nice to find out. I've been really happy with it, though.