1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy Swap Magic ????

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by sokairyk, Jan 18, 2005.

1. sokairyk

sokairyk Member

Can I make a copy of Swap Magic? I haven't bought one to try it and I would like to know if this is possible. By the way I have downloaded an iso of Swap Magic 3 from DC++ and when I open it from Alcohol 120% to burn it, some options are unavailable unlike other isos and also I get a message which says that this iso is supposed to be burned on a DVD but I can choose to burn it on CD if I want. One last thing. I read somewhere that if you want to burn the Swap Magic you have to do it on a V2.0 DVD.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

3. sokairyk

sokairyk Member

wow... that was quite a scientific explanation! now i can make sense why it an't be burned....

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Sorry, but this question is asked literally 2-3 times a day. It gets to be a testy subject after a while.
    ANYWho, you can't burn it because it is actually pressed onto an original ps2 game, that is how it is manufactured, so it actually has some code or something on it from the original game underneath it. Also, it some of the info is burned onto an area of the disc that our burners can't burn to. And finally, there are a lot of dead sectors purposely put onto the disc, which our burners also cannot replicate.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

I love it, how ironic!
    The people who gave you the ability to use your burned back ups make discs that are impossible to back up.

6. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Well think about it, even if you could back it up...you'd need a real copy of Swap Magic to backup your backup swapmagic.

7. sokairyk

sokairyk Member

Well... that's interesting! Because if you have an older version of Swap Magic you don't need to buy a newer one since you could download it and boot with the older version. If anyone has tried this please post the results.

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Now that, you can probably do. But there really is no point.