1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy wii game works then stopped working and get black screen

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by lagernut, Dec 13, 2007.

1. lagernut

lagernut Member

i have a uk wii with a wiikey chip and the latest software. had someone do me some copied games and they all work brilliant and still do. decided to try my own download like in one of the main threads on this site, used imgburn and the game was smarty pants PAL, copied it to datawrite -r and worked fine. then tried this game i downloaded Trauma.Center.New.Blood.USA.Wii-MARVEL it loads up on wii so then i click start and just a black screen comes up nothing else happens and when u press button on wiimote all 4 lights flash like somet is wrong, ejected disc and only way to turn off wii was to hold power button. re tried and same again so inserted wii smarty pants i downloaded that i knew worked and it now doesnt???? all the other copied games work ok still just the ones i downloaded seem to be strange since the trauma game?? any help would be much appreciated

many thanks justin anthoney

2. brido84

brido84 Regular member

what region and what firmware is your Wii and have you got any other media to try out, an what speed did you burn it at.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  3. lagernut

lagernut Member

my wii is PAL and the firmware is 3.0e on wii but used the 1.9g software to make mario galaxy work so as far as i know its latest software.

i have 10 wii games mate did and they work fine, smarty pants did work now doesnt and Trauma.Center.New.Blood.USA.Wii-MARVEL doesnt come on it starts then black screen

burned at 2X speed

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  4. brido84

brido84 Regular member

Hi just checked here and the NTSC Trauma Center : New Blood does not work on PAL Wii's.

As for the other game the Pal Smarty pants not working I'm not sure about, maby theres some NTSC firmware been loaded up or something (or maybe the lasers strained using the other disk and can no longer read it(not too sure about this though))

I'd try updating from the net to 3.1e (if not got the net try playing SMG), and maybe re-burning Smarty pants again on some other media if you have it.

5. stavros83

stavros83 Member

He LargerNut,

I have the exact same problem, but some of the games that i have copied as backup work and some dont i.e. Mario Party 8. Did you figure out what the fix for this was, i would be most appreciated if you could help me out.

Steven

6. lagernut

lagernut Member

i have found that this was a dodgy copy as i have downloaded another usa game for my pal wii and it works fine for some reason. i think also it depends if it burns using imgburn correctly as i have had a few not burn good. i dont use torrent downloading anymore and i have signed up to use Usenet which is faster and seems to be alot more secure, as so far i have had no trouble downloading games. in last week i have downloaded 15 games and they all work perfect.
    if u want me to send you a copy of my mario party 8, i dont mind sending u one to try. also have u fully updated your wii i.e using Mario galaxy game as this has big updates and also need 1.9g software update.

7. stavros83

stavros83 Member

thanks for the quick reply, and yes i have used the cd to update my wii, i just dont get why other games work and this one doesnt. but ya i would really appreciate it if you could send me a copy but thats only if your in the uk.

thanks

8. lagernut

lagernut Member

yeah i am in uk. email me on notallowedhere@spam.com and will sort somet out.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  9. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Edit your e-mail address out.

10. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Yep no emails allowed - spam bots just love em.
    Post edited and removed.

11. lagernut

lagernut Member

sorry didnt realize emails where not allowed. only just noticed the replies above

sorry