1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy WII ISO onto a DVD

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by dalman, Apr 29, 2007.

1. dalman

dalman Member

Hey guys, This may be a stupid question but I just can not find the answer to it.

I downloaded a few WII games from Internet and they are all ISO files. Then I tried to copy the games on a blank DVD just like copying movies and other ISO files but it does not work. I tried Nero, Alcohol 120, and ImgBurn. Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks!

2. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

are they the right region for your wii?

is your wii chipped?

are u copying the iso onto a dvd or are u correctly telling it to burn an uimage onto dvd?

3. dalman

dalman Member

Yes, my wii is chipped using wiikey. But I have not even put any discs into wii yet.

My problem is that I have some ISO images on my hard drive but I can not copy them onto DVDs. It always give me error messages for some reason. It should be just like copying other ISO images, right?

4. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

what error message?

from where? burning software or the wii

try different discs

5. dalman

dalman Member

The error message says "Please insert a rewritable cd into the drive". It is from the burning software. I used Nero to burn other ISOs and I am sure it works. Just not for WII ISOs. I tried to mount this onto a virtual drive and it does not work either. And I tried different dics as well.

This step seems to be so easy but I just don't know what is wrong. Do I need special programs to burn WII isos?

6. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

use imgburn

goto mode choose WRITE
    then where it says source - click on the icon and browse to the iso u have on your hard drive.
    put your blank dvd in drive and click on the burn icon at the bottom

thats it

u do not ever mount the image as it is of no use

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The reason you get that error message in Nero is because you have Nero setup to burn a CD and it is a DVD ISO. To resolve this issue make sure you have either CD/DVD or DVD set up in your options...

[​IMG]

8. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

i think u r wrong there

when u use nero to burn an image u goto the menus at top and to recorder then burn image

you dont even select the type of disc u r burning to as it is only when you put the disc in it checks if there is enough room.

what u r looking to do is burn a data disc - he wants to burn an image

9. pcrazy99

pcrazy99 Regular member

I just use ImgBurn. No problems with it so far.

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

No I am not wrong.

You can have CD only set up if using Nero Burning ROM and you will need to switch to DVD in order to burn the disc.

I have seen this problem in other threads as well. Plus I have seen some guides that say to make sure you choose DVD as the option to burn in Nero and not CD.

I bet you if he would check and see if it says CD or DVD it will be set to CD and if he switched it to DVD it will burn for him.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  11. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

Thinone, larrylje is right! He used the wrong screen shot to illustrate because that is the data screen but he's got the right idea. What he's saying is that AFTER you select "burn image" from the "recorder" menu, you can STILL select whether its a CD or a DVD image that you are burning. I've seen people make that mistake too! Here is a screenshot showing what I'm talking about

[​IMG]

However, I don't think this is the issue. From the first post in this thread, it sounds to me like he is trying to copy the iso ON to the DVD rather than burn the actual image. He's using data mode rather than image mode.

dalman, in Nero, you must select the "recorder" menu and then go down and select "burn image". AFter you do that, make sure that you have DVD selected like in the screenshot and not CD. That should solve your problem.

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The only reason I said it is a problem with the CD option that is selected is the error message he is getting. it is asking for a CD Re-writable to be inserted to burn to. Which you should assume he has the burn setting set to CD and not DVD.

13. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

ok i was half right he was half wrong

the screen shot shown was misleading as it would show him to be copying the iso to the disc ie a data disc

yours is correct as i had not noticed that option in the burn image page as i would look at the bottom bar to see the room taken.

i just assumed that if cd was chosen then when loading a dvd image it would be showing massive red warnings at the bottom and would be noticed - well i would notice it anyways :)

sorry larrylje

14. dalman

dalman Member

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for all the replies. It was my first time to burn WII games so that is why I had so many questions. I tried Nero again but it is still not working even I set it as DVD. But ImgBurn works now. I tried it before but it must be problem of ISO file. I used other ISO files without problem.

Thanks again!!

15. discoboy

discoboy Member

When you want to try again you might want to right-click the iso file and choose "Open With" then from that list find Nero. That should open Nero at the right page and just go with that.

16. evelienn

evelienn Member

Hey folks.

I have bought myself a Wii on Sunday..
    And it is chipped (so I bought it from someone else) with a Wiinja chip. The boy I have bought it from, has copied some games himself, and he has given them to me..And they work fine.
    Of course I could ask how he burns them, but I think he does the same thing like I do.
    (I use the next cds: TDK DVD -R x16 - he gave me these with my Wii, to show me on which dvds the games could be burned.)

My question is; I have downloaded mario strikers; and I have tried to burn it with ImgBurn... nothing went wrong when burning, the program said it was completed, .. but when I insert my disk into my Wii, it tells me that it can't read the disc that I had burned.
    I didn't change anything about my settings from ImgBurn.

Anyone know what I did wrong?
    Or could anyone tell me, step by step.. how You copy an Iso to an empty Dvd -R ? I thought there was nothing to it.. but it seems there is, lol.

I have no other files to try, only mario strikers, and maybe soon splinter cell... But I don't know why it won't work.
    The game's total name is like this:
    Mario_Strikers_Charged_NTSC_Wii-VORTEX

But I don't know... Could it be that my iso is damaged? Don't you normally get an extract to window when you want to open the Iso in Winrar?
    When I double click my .iso, it says that it's either in an unknown format or it's damaged/corrupt... I can't imagine, that it is. Already? .... I will try one more time to burn it onto Dvd..But I don't know if I did it right.

The file is in .Iso (original), I didn't unscramble it (or something something)..And I just selected this file with imgburn, and I let imgburn do the job... but it seemed to have failed.
    Maybe it's my burning speed? It was set to "AUTO".. Does it have to be less maybe?

thanks in advance guys,

Eve

17. tigrfire

tigrfire Member

I'd be very suspect to that being the correct ISO file you've got there. The NTSC Mario Strikers Charged hasn't been released yet, so that's most likely a PAL version that may be patched to be region free, but I doubt VORTEX would put there name on it then.. I think you may have downloaded a fake ISO. The REAL NTSC Mario Strikers Charged comes out July 30, 2007, so either wait until then or go find a PAL version.. Although I doubt it will work correctly on a Wiinja..

Try to always burn at 8x or 4x, depending on your media. Any higher than this and you unnecessarily risk introducing errors into your burn process. If you have other burned Wii games that you have made yourself on the media you're attempting to use here, I'd say my first point would be right. Otherwise, try matching the media of the working games you have and trying again.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  18. nofriendo

nofriendo Member

does this stuff work on MACS?

19. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

also your gunna have problems because you have a wiinja. You got ripped! The winja sucks ass! It would barely read anything I put in my first modded wii (wiinja first gen) even if I used organic die media. Crappy chip! go with wiid or wiikey right now! Get that piece of junk wiinja outta there!

20. evelienn

evelienn Member

So, it seems like I have downloaded the wrong iso then?
    Well, I bet the person that also downloaded this one from a private tracker (torrent) will have the same problem then?

thanks for replying though.

And at that "wiinja" chip not being good etc.. I can't help it. This Wii is second handed (don't know the right term.. I have bought it from someone who has already bought one. that's what I am trying to say.) He has copied games though (zelda, medal of honor, prince of persia) and they work fine :s ... I'll just have to ask him, on where to get the games he had downloaded and how to burn 'em right.
    I tried burning again by the way, at 2x speed. no result either.
    So I must have been ripped off.. :( bah.

Do you think that Splinter cell double agent will work on my Wii?
    (Splinter Cell Double Agent PAL Multi5 Wii)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007