1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy X Platium and 321 Studios

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by apache99, Mar 19, 2004.

1. apache99

apache99 Guest

Is it true that this company got sued? Can you still get this software? Did they go out of business?

Thanks so much. I am sorry if this question has been asked before.

apache99

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there apache99,

321 Didn't get sued, they lost a court battle -

Yes, they are still in business and you can still buy their product although without the ripper - just download DVD43 and you're good to go -

If you haven't purchased it I suggest that you hang around here and we'll hook you up with a free program that works better than 321!

If you want it, just let me know :D)

Pete

BTW, Welcome to the Club :)

3. apache99

apache99 Guest

Thanks so much ScubaPete. Yes I need you to hook me up and tell me info about DVD burning. I am pretty good at computers but I am a novice in the DVD burning subject. I am a web designer by trade.

Thanks again
    Off to a meeting right now.

apache99

4. rob&keri

rob&keri Regular member

Don't mean to invade but I had a copy of X copy express and I dont think one back up I made worked on anything other than my computer. I tried it on various machines at friends (to make sure it wasn't my DVD player) to no avail.

Everyone on here raves about DVD shrink, DVD decrypter and Nero, well I had to prove them wrong and be stubborn and guess what? I wasted a load of blank dics trying to make it work.

I eventualy gave up and used the said programs and once I got the hang of it all my back ups work great (they also work on most machines as my friends and family keep stealing them to watch).

The guys on here know what they are talking about and DVD shrink is great to back up just the film and sound and nothing else.

Rob

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey there Mr. Rob, Me thinks de old ScubaPete can take a little bit of that thanks and your welcome :)

Glad to be of service - "Pete"

apache99,

We can get ya hooked up - come on in to the livingroom,
    Ok, let’s just sit down and get comfy in front of the Big screen TV cause in just a minute or so the “Uncle ScubaPete Show” will come on the air -
    - CLICK -
    ”Brought to you this evening by AfterDawn, the “Fat chewing” champion’s location of choice - and under threats by a spear waving maniac, we are forced to present Mr. Brain-Dead, direct from his extend stay at the Happy Hills Institute of the Mentally Disabled and Disturbed Souls, and here he’ll be until it’s been discovered that he’s escaped yet again from that fine facility and here he is, live and unfortunately still disturbed, it’s Uncle ScubaPete - - - - “

[bold]Ooooohh Boy, Ooohh Boy, The ScubaPete’s so happy I could spit fish ![/bold]

Big fat finny fish !

And what’s soo great it could get Old ScubaPete (the original couch potato) excited ?

[bold]FREE STUFF that’s what FREE STUFF ![/bold]

I know I run behind the times but this needs Shouting Out !

The New DVD Shrink version 3.1.7!

(Yea I know, it’s been out for awhile, like me, but I just found out how truly kool it was)

Soup to Nuts, with just 2 programs that we all have on our PC’s already !

DVD Shrink and Decrypter -

[bold]DID you know -[/bold]

You can, as many of you do already, create a folder for your backup. Try to put it someplace where you won’t forget it -

Then you can go into DVD Shrink, click “Edit”, then click “Preferences” under the “File I/O Tab” un-tick “Enable burning with Nero” then click “OK”.

Analyze your next DVD in the usual manner, do your editing (or re-Authoring) and do your compressing [bold]THEN[/bold] when time comes to select “Backup”, take just a second and under “Target Device” go to “Select target device” once there, select “ISO Disc Image”. [bold]NEXT[/bold] tick “Launch DVD Decrypter to burn the output image” box. Finally, where it says “Select target image file”, browse till you find your created folder for your Backup and place it there, That’s it ! Click “OK” and DVD Shrink burns that ISO image there. - Believe it or not, that was as hard as it ever gets - Why is that you ask ?

Because the next time all those boxes you had to do this time are already done - “Piiiishaaa,” you say. “Naaah” says I. “Tis the most honest truth ! :D REALLY !!

“OK, Ok, What now.” Says you. (OOOhh, Pooo, I gotta stop this “says you, says me,) It’s wearing me fingers out) - - (Switching to regular typing mode - - clink, pop, -) - Done -

Well, Alrightie then, step TWO -

Fire up DVD Decrypter - and under “Mode”, select “ISO” then “Write” - under “Source”, select your folder that you had DVD Shrink put the ISO files in. Then, select “Destination” as your Burner - holding your DVD media (and after all my efforts it had better be either Ritek G04 or Verbatim. Now is not the time to put your crappy Cheap stuff in - ) If you don’t know what I’m talking about - you better go back to reading these forum threads and seeing all the crappy media complaints - OK, time to move on (switching to the moving on mode - click, %@# rattle - snap, - #%@-Ouuuch, S@it, that hurt - , OK, I got it -CRUnch&#$ ) - - Moving on -
    Now click the HD to Disc icon that lets DVD Decrypter burn that ISO Image to your waiting blank media !!
    And I KNOW you aren’t going anywhere that PC while it’s working cause you don’t want me a-smackin your knuckles wid my Nun’s ruler do ya ? Yea, I thought not - screwin’ up the burn this late in the game would truly piss old ScubaPete off, causing me to choke on my finny fish dinner -
    Now tell me, - - - Wasn’t that finer than frog hair, slicker than a French fried banana peel, yea, see I thought you’d say that -

Truly fine that backup was - - “Hark, I heard BACKUP - Aaauuugh, the officers with the Big Nets and straight jackets are here - - nice talkin with you, ScubaPete just remembered he has to be somewhere, anywhere (looking for the backdoor), as de “Doc” would be a-sayin’ Byeeeeeeeeeeee - - -
    Enjoy youse selves an your backed up DVD’s - I’ll be a-seein’ round the ‘ole water cooler (where are my quarters, and Where’s ol’ Paint, me trusty Horsie - - -

Shrink download - http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm
    Shrink Guide -
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/dvd_shrink_3.htm

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm

Ooohhh Yea, Welcome to the Club guys -

Pete

6. apache99

apache99 Guest

Hey Guys,
    Thanks both of you replying to my message.
    I downloaded the 2 programs. I really appreciate
    your help.

apache99