1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying 7.90gb dvd

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jorhul, Oct 5, 2004.

1. jorhul

jorhul Member

hiya,

i was just wondering how to copy a dvd which is 7.90gb in size. Using the dvd decrytptor i copied the dvd to my hard disk. but there are many files now.

now i'm wondering how do i copy it to a blank dvd & also will it start up by itself when i use the new dvd oncei have copied all files to it ?

will be great if u could help!
    cheers,
    jo

2. toyfigure

toyfigure Guest

You'll need a DL burner and DL media for that because those are DVD9s. Do a serach on the forums and you'll get plenty of info about this.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

You ripped in file mode, which created a video_ts file. Now if you don't want to use any compression and burn the 7.90GB to a disc, you will need a dual layer burner and media ... like toyfigure said.

If you want to fit it to a single layer disc, you'll need to compress the file. Try DVD Shrink.

4. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

In DVD shrink click open file.... then locate the file you ripped with decrypter.
    when you've decided what to keep, edit and so forth you can click backup. A new window pops up. There is a tab titled target device. In this tab beside the flaming disc we see select backup target. click the arrow and select ISO image file and burn with dvd decrypter.

5. jorhul

jorhul Member

thank you all for ur help....just one question.

i used the dvd shrink to compress the 7.9gb file to 4.35gb. but now how do i copy it to a dvd? i mean what software should i use?

also will the dvd start by itself on startup?

cheers,
    jo

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member