1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying a bought dvd onto a dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by keezee, Apr 23, 2003.

1. keezee

keezee Member

after following your instructione on how to use dvd decrypter then dvd2one then burning it with copytodvd i am finding that the dvd plays on anything but when it gets to lets say the 28th chapter out of 30 the dvd switches off or as on the dvd the perfect storm it goes back to 2 chapters from earlier on in the film can anyony please help me with this problem maybe piont me in the direction of what i am doing wrong the picture quality and sound are perfect but no endings to the films its driving me mad
    p.s this is my first posting i dont usually bother people but i need help many thanks

keezee

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I'm not suggesting it's the burning software but...I use
    Smartripper OR DVD Decrypter
    DVD2One v.1.11
    Nero 5.5.9.9
    and I've not had that problem yet.

Also what file size are you given as DVD2One can sometimes produce a slightly larger than 4.36Gb folder to burn.
    The setting in DVD2One as I'm sure your aware of is 4472Mb...I'd suggest for this problem you've mentioned to try & adjust this size in DVD2One to 4272Mb.

try it on a DVD-RW...nothing to lose apart from time !!: )

3. keezee

keezee Member

id like to thank you for your advice i have now been told by a friend of mine that i was letting the dvd2one use the defalt settings i changed the settings to user defind and hey presto i burned a disc for the first time all perfect special features and all extras im prob a little thick thats my fault but again thanks for repling to me very much

bye for now

4. smg

smg Regular member

Keeze? Can you tell us what you changed and what you left the same? I am new to this.
    Thanks

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Yeah sorry keezee I didn't realize I had to explain that (dont mean to patronize)
    Plus once you've changed a setting in DVD2One it will stay like that until you change it.

I did user defined a long time ago...hence I forgot that basic options need to be set if your new to particular software.
    Anyway , glad to hear all's well with compressing to DVD-R size now

: )

6. keezee

keezee Member

yes i changed the disc size to full disc and the box with dvd-+r(w) in i changed to user defind 1 and typed in the box for mb 4460 that did it i didnt do a lot rong but it was enough try that i think you should get the same results as me a perfect film after i burnt it with nero in ts mode best of luck mate....

7. smg

smg Regular member

Thanks Keezee. U2 Herbs.