1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying a copied xbox game

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by showan, Dec 14, 2004.

1. showan

showan Regular member

Hey everyone.

If I made a copy of an xbox game from an original, and then my original gets screwed, how can I copy the first copy that I made? Do I have to put the disk into the xbox and transfer it over to the pc still? Or can I just put the copy into my pc and do a direct copy with Nero or something?

Thanks for the help.

2. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

well your best bet would do it like any other game but i have herd of people burning DVD-DVD with just the computer and nero 6 although i have never tried it myself.

3. ozy

ozy Regular member

Yeah! You should be able to make an exact copy straight from your PC drive. Don,t burn any higher than 4x or you may have trouble playing the game.

4. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

you wont be able to back it up directly with nero from your pc drive cuz the disc is finalised and cant be read by pc.use craytion4 or qwix to extract the iso of cd then burn it again with nero

5. blink6932

blink6932 Guest

ANSWER: If you want to make a copy of a copied game...all you have to do is use "alcohol120" and go to burning wizard and tell it to make a direct copy of it..i have done this..i have over 100 xbox games..so when i make a copy of a copy for a friend who owns it of course..ha yeah right....i use alcohol 120 at 4x speed nothing more nothing less..."TONE"

6. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

sounds good.

7. cdneger

cdneger Member

Discjuggler at 2x speed, copy on the fly. Problem solved, thread over. For the win.

8. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

lol lol 2x = too slow for me.........wtf is Discjuggler? :S

9. blink6932

blink6932 Guest

2x WHAT THE edit? HA YOU MUST BE JOKING AND THATS IF YOUR JUST SMOKING!! THATS A JOKE DUDE SHUT THE edit UP WITH DISJUGLER...WTF IS DAT SHIT...TRYIN TO MAKE IT SOUND LIKE YOU THE SHITZ ON DIS FORUM... ACTIN LIKE YOU A PROBLEM SOLVA!! JUST USE ALCOHOL12O!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2004
  10. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I think they should remove the Caps lock button from all future keyboards and include an inbuilt dictionary...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  11. blink6932

blink6932 Guest

I think you should email bill gates and jump on his jock and say hey bill can you please remove the caps lock from keyboards..and i'll bust out a monica move like she did to bill clinton.....

12. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

blink6932,

Cool it with the bad language. And everybody is entitled to their opinions.

No all caps .... Forum rules.

13. showan

showan Regular member

You know what's funny? When someone asks a question in a thread, and by the end of it instead of answering the question it turns into just a bunch of idiots insulting people. This goes to everyone....if you don't have anything useful to say about the topic of the thread then shut the f**k up and don't reply. I've had so many emails notifying me that someone has responded to threads I've started and when I checked them out it was some little monkey bashing someone else. Just shut up. If people wanted to read insults they wouldn't ask a question in a forum. Keep this in mind if you're one of those kinds of people I'm talking about and you feel the need to run your mouth in the future!

14. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

was his all capps comment aimed at me?.....his (blink6932) status shows up now as inactive....what does that mean? maybe he has been banned :)

15. Slav06

Slav06 Member

I am also having the same problem. When i try to make a copy of a copy, the program cant read the contents of the copied xbox game. I've tried Alcohol 120%, Nero and Easy cd/dvd. Some games it will start burning and then i get an error msg around 26%. Does anyone know the prob?

16. chahal4

chahal4 Member

i use RECORD NOW DX(also MAX available) and just go into the image section, right click on your dvd drive(the one that uve put the burned game in) and select extract iso(or maybe its extract file, i dunno) then you click on the folder that comes up, select the destination and extract away. Then you have the iso and can burn whenever you want.

Errors occur (from my experience) when the disk is stratched or dirty.

other than that you shud be fine.

17. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

His/her comments were directed at cdneger. He/she got banned for language an on respect for the forum.

18. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member