1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying a copy

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Fenix182, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Fenix182

Fenix182 Guest

ok i made a succesful back up of Collateral with dvd shrink,but now when i try to burn another copy from the copy i get an error. can some please help me. i am sure the dvds are both fine, there are no scratchs or anything of that matter

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

I never do a disc to disc copy as you may have problems.
    I always keep the files on the hard drive so that I can just burn off another copy if needed.
    You can just rip it back to the hard drive agian then burn it.
    This is the way I do it and others I'm sure will disagree.

3. Fenix182

Fenix182 Guest

when ever i try to rip it with dvd decryptor i get a cyclin redundancy check error. are there any other free programs i can rip with that will do a good job

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

dvd decrypter, set it for Rip with brute force, and ignore all read errors.

Re-ripping backups is a good test I use on checking out the quality of my media. I do a lot of re-rips using high quality and a very safe 4x burn speed on my original backup copy.

The poorer quality media will give you errors,even before you burn them.

If you use sub-par media/burned it too fast/ or combination of both,re-ripping would be more challenging. Good Luck

5. Fenix182

Fenix182 Guest

how do i change the settings to rip and brute force

6. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

If this is a copy of a copy, you don't need DVD Decrypter again. Just use Shrink or Nero unless you only use DVD Decrypter as a burn engine.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Yes Fenix182 just run it back though dvd shrink and back it up with dvd decrypter or nero. And important USE GOOD BLANK MEDIA. TY.Ritek .maxell ,sony NO memorex.big NO NO.

8. hursty

hursty Active member

very true..however like saugmon said

using this method on corrupt dvd may just allow you to make a copy of it,although its not gauranteed.

with kind regards hursty

9. ledfloyd

ledfloyd Member

with a burned dvd cant you just open it in explore files and highlight video ts folder and drag and drop on to a spot on hard drive and burn using nero? i do this with my bootleg concerts dvds. it cant be done with normally copyrighted dvds casue of the copyright.

10. Fenix182

Fenix182 Guest

ya, well i tried to ripp it with dvd decryptor but it keeps giving me a cyclin redundancy check. it also gives me the same error when i try to burn it with dvd shrink strait from dvd to dvd. can some one please help

11. scoutn2

scoutn2 Member

you can use InterVideo DVD Copy . It has copied every copy I have tried to copy .

12. btitus

btitus Regular member

Generally the Cyclic Redundancy Error means that your disc is scratched, dirty or damaged. Also, to make a copy of a copy I used shrink and then burn it with nero. That is a good way to reduce your chance of burning errors.