1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying a copy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ILHS86, Feb 14, 2005.

1. ILHS86

ILHS86 Regular member

I am trying to copy a copy using RECORD NOW, - I stick my copy in my cd/dvd player and stick the blank media in my hp 300I burner.. I gets about 50% and I get an error, I have also tried this for cd's and get the same thing, I know how to make copies with other programs but I LOVE the RECORD NOW feature that lets you "make another" without having to read the orginal. Any one have any "positive" suggestions?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Try the same thing only using just the burner. Let it copy to the HD and then insert a blank when it asks you to. You may get a better copy that way if it completes the process. Also examin your blank discs for damage or dirt. Getting half way through the burn process usually means everything is working, so it leaves a possible problem with the media or original.

Jerry

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sounds like a hardware problem.. In that your DVD ROM dosent keep up with your burner or vise virsa. Either way copying on the fly (from one ROM to another) is not recomended. You should just use the copy disc function with your writer. Then Record Now will put an image of the original on your HD and then ask you to put in the blank media in when it is ready. Then it will burn the image and delete it from your HD. This way isn't as fast but much more reliable and you only save a few minutes by doing it on the fly. If you really must burn on the fly you can try changing where your drives are located on the IDE cable this could help, and make sure nothing else is running in the background. There is just way more room for error's when doing a copy on the fly and I would discourage you from doing it that way.

I see as I was writing this Jerry pretty much said the same thing I just did, so I guess you can take it for what its worth :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

One more note if you do it as we suggested you will also save on the possibility of getting coasters.