1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying a Copy

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by lauzzie, Mar 27, 2007.

1. lauzzie

lauzzie Guest

Could someone please tell me what a 'cylic redundancy error' is. I am trying to copy two movies that are actually copies themselves and I keep getting this message. I thought seeing as they were both already copies that I wouldnt have a problem doing a straight copy. I have tried with Nero on its own and also through DVD Shrink and get the same result. Thanks for your help.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

lauzzie ,
    The error you are getting is because either there are bad scratches on it or the ifo and bup files did not have the proper padding and thusly is mastered incorrectly. You can try and rip the DVD to the HD first and then see if you can burn that compilation

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Car.Mike is correct. A copy should be able to be copied without any issues. If done properly, there should be no DRMs remining on the DVD.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Besides scratches, anything that prevents proper reading of the disc will cause the cyclic redundancy error. A big greasy fingerprint can do it. So make sure the discs are clean and polished. If badly scratched a resurfacing tool might make the discs readable.

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

give dvd decrypter a try. iso read, iso write

6. lauzzie

lauzzie Guest

Thank you all for your help but problem solved!!!! When I originally copied the disks I attached Labels to all of them. It was before we all realised that Labelling a disk can make it unstable. As a last resort today I peeled all the labels off and tried copying again with Nero. I had complete success with not one problem. Just goes to show that something so simple can cause lots of problems. Thanks everyone.

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

LOL I guess that one falls under "anything that prevents proper reading" category. Glad to see you got-r-done.