1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying a VCD to DVD

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Juan01, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Juan01

Juan01 Member

I am a old gumby newbie to this stuff. My daughter has 2 vcd of a movie and I wonder can I copy this to a dvd. I have AnyDVD and CloneDVD2

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I dont really use those pieces of software you mention , but 'yes' you can convert [actually encode] VCD (which'll be mpg format) to MPEG-2 which is DVD compliant*

I personally use MainConcept MPEG Encoder , then when I have MPEG-2 file I'd open up TMPGEnc DVD Author ... convert to VOB format ... which is ready to burn to DVD-R

* DVD compliant - correct screen resolution & 48Hz audio.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2005
  3. VAIO

VAIO Guest

I also know it can be done . . .
    I use a nifty program called DVD Santa strictly because it it easy to use. I have used Win DVD but was unsatisfied with the blocky finished results.

Probably the most powerful would be to use NeroVision Express 3 as it allows either Full controll over making a Menu or no menu at all. It does a nice job encoding it as well.

I mentioned the Menu aspect because there will be NO loss in quality if you were to put 2 VCD Movies on one DVD.

All options take time and patience, trial and error but DVD Santa was a Click and burn option.

Good luck,
    VAIO