1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying audio cd........

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Rootbow, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Rootbow

Rootbow Member

Up until about a week ago when I wanted to copy a audio cd all I had to do was open the disc, select all, and copy and paste to the folder on my hard drive....Now I can't copy/rip any audio track off any disc, music will only play with the disc inserted....When I copy and paste it only copies a 1kb file into the folder but nothing more....A few friends of mine are starting to have the same problem....HELP??

2. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

I am confused by what you said. Are you trying to copy from one cd to another or rip tracks from a cd on to your hard drive? The 1KB files are shortcuts.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  3. Rootbow

Rootbow Member

trying to rip the tracks to the hard drive, it has always worked up until about a wk ago, nothing on the comp has been changed except for windows updates..........

4. Rootbow

Rootbow Member

I have even asked the IT person at work and they have had the same problem as of late.....no matter where you try and copy the tracks to whether it be my music folder or using windows media player the only thing it does is make the shortcut that you spoke of....

5. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Try using a program called Exact Audio Copy. It is the best mp3 ripper around. Download it from here
    http://www.exactaudiocopy.de

There are also various thread regarding this program. Just search and look.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  6. Sir-Age

Sir-Age Regular member

Or if you want a very simple way to rip music (not the greatest quality) use Windows Media player 10 and rip it to mp3 and the highest quality. Again, very simple to use!

7. Rootbow

Rootbow Member

thks for the help but my question still remains, why within a wk or so can't I just copy and paste the tracks like I always have in the past...something must have caused this.....