1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying avi to dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by alfie27, Feb 10, 2005.

1. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

i have a movie that i want to burn to dvd-r but the file is an avi and i am struggling to copy it can any body tell me how to do this and what and were i can get the software to do this any help will be much apreciated

2. jun100

jun100 Member

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  3. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

thanks for your help will the trial version convert all of the film?

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Some burning programs (e.g. Nero, DVDSanta) can actually work with avis very well. You only need to convert with another program if they don't work.

5. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

i have nero 5 and everything i have burned so far as been ok its just this one movie which i cant seem to burn, and after checking i found it was an avi file, i have looked for a converter but the only ones i have come across either only burn part of the movie or they put a water mark on the screen so you cant watch it i think if i can convert it from avi to something else i will be able to copy it, thanks for the advice just need to find a converter, if anyone knows of 1 i will be eternally grateful

6. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

thanks jun100 and scf_au your advice was a big help iv sussed it now, i owe you one

7. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

My pleasure.

8. Gringle

Gringle Guest

I use the free conversion tool DvdxToDvd ann burn with DVDshrink/nero without compression, it's capable of dealing with other formats also.

gringle

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2005
  9. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

cheers gringle i have just downloaded it now it works a treat

10. neewbie

neewbie Regular member

Win avi and dvd santa arent as good as TMPgenc dvd author or DVD lab. There excellent for quality and for menus, music and more. Id recommmend them but only if u take the time to use them, theres hard programs for newbies but its worth it... trust me.. ;)

11. Opus54

Opus54 Regular member

Where can I download the DvdxToDvd program, I cant seem to find it

and when i try to convert avi's to dvd, using winavi, it doesnt copy over the audio files into the directory it creates, what am I doing wrong?

12. Gringle

Gringle Guest

13. Opus54

Opus54 Regular member

I must be doing something wrong

Every tool I use to convert the AVI files to DVD and combine them only creates VTS Video files and NO audio files

why would this be happening?

14. Gringle

Gringle Guest

the conversion tool creates its own folder, in my case it's in my Documents folder. Just access this dvxTodvd folder with shrink/nero and burn from that onto a blank disc, ignore or empty the VIDIO_TS folder, Shrink will delete the existing contents next time you use it.

hope that helps

gringle

15. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

thanks newbie and gringle for your advice im on my way now

16. neewbie

neewbie Regular member

awesome! Have fun :)