1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying back to VHS

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ringlord, Mar 7, 2004.

1. ringlord

ringlord Guest

Greetings.

This question may sound silly but i go ahead and ask it. I own Pinnacle's MovieBox USB+Studio 8 and i have captured several clips of mine to MPEG1 from my handycam (SVHS tape). I now need to record the MPEG's back to VHS (common large-old tapes) for some friends of mine.

How can i do it? Do i have to export it using the TAPE feature (i have to wait a long time for the material to render) or is there another solution?

thanx in advance.

2. ringlord

ringlord Guest

RTFM and some testing helped me answer my own question.

OK. Once you have created and rendered your project to an mpeg1 file you can easily make tape by just browsing for the file and pressing PLAY.

all this in theory...i should see if Studio actually cooperates with my VCR.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you have a TV out you don"t really have to render the project at all...You just Play the File on your PC in Full Screen while you have your VCR Hooked up to your TV Out and then record the Signal...

4. ringlord

ringlord Guest

ooops...is it necessary to have a TV-Out port on my VGA card to do it? i thought (and i have seen) it is possible through moviebox to send analogue signal with a composite / S-video cable...!?

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well If the Movie Box has a Video out then sure you can use it ,i just figured that useing your TV-Out would be easier....Cheers