1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying backup DVD problams

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Drifty, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Drifty

Drifty Member

OK, I have burnt many dvds before and they all work flawlessly, BUT, when attempting to copy a copy of a dvd, I get mega skips all the way through the movie...

I have been told that because I am using DVD-r this could be the problem...

any info would be appreciated! :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The type of media (+ or -) shouldn't make any difference. The brand of media and quality of it will make a BIG difference. With the limited info you are giving its hard to tell. The 1st copy may be ok to play but not of good enough quality to copy again. You can actually get this problem with original purchased dvds. It could be from the quality of the blank media you used the first time. If you are burning the 2nd copy faster than 4x you may want to drop your burn speed down a notch. Use some well known blanks like Ritek or Verbatim grade A. Don't try to run a copy through a ripping software again, just use a straight disc copy program. Do not multi task while burning. Just a few suggestions to try. Hope they help.

Jerry

3. camstuf

camstuf Guest

try slowest burn speed

4. Drifty

Drifty Member

Im using Ritek G04's (but lately they have been shit!)

all burns i do are at 1x

what do you mean run a straight copy? I have done a straight copy using dvd decrypter and burn with dvd shirnk (altho i havent re-encoded at all or changed any settings..)
    Have also tried a straight *.iso copy using dvd decrypter and that didnt even load on the dvd player..

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I use alcohol 120% or nero for copying copies, never had a prob yet. Just go into dvd copy in nero burning rom, away you go!

6. Drifty

Drifty Member

thanks mate, will give that a try and let ya know