1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying burned dvds with nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by diablo219, Jan 12, 2005.

1. diablo219

diablo219 Member

I have two dvd burners: SON DRX530UL & SON DRX710UL...
    I use DVDXCopy Platinum... and I received Nero 6 with my SON DRX710UL and would like to use it to copy my burned DVDs as DVDXCopy does not allow...I need to use one of the burners as a source and one as a burner... i don't know which is better since the dvd+r and dvd-r media I have is only 8x max compatible. When I try to copy in Nero, it begins the process and then after 30 sec it says 'power calibration error' and calls my dvd burner a SON DRU-530A... If anyone can help, explain, or give me an answer, I would be greatly appreciative!!! THANKS!!!

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi diablo219, This is just my opinion and my way of doing things so take it as a suggestion. Even though I have 2 burners in my system I still only use 1 to copy a copy. I find it gives a better copy if you still let one drive copy to your HD then burn back to the same drive. I your case I would use the 710 since I think its a better/newer drive. Doing any dvd burning on the fly(burner to burner) leaves you with a very big chance of burn errors unless you have a very fast and powerful system. Like I said this is just my way.

Jerry

3. diablo219

diablo219 Member

thanks, but I think the main problem i am having is where nero is saying that it is a 'power calibration error'... i am not sure what this is... I will try to use the one burner however... thanks again!