1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying Burnt DVDs Speed?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CAR8624, Dec 23, 2004.

1. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

What if I want to backup an already burnt DVD-R/DVD+R ... would I just create the image with DVD Decrypter and burn @ the slowest speed [1x or 2x] or do I create an image with DVD Decrypter and burn @ Max speed?

For Video/DVD Backup?
    For PS2 Backup?

What if I copy on the fly with Nero [if you have two DVD drives]? Is that reliable or will it be worse quality?

BTW, I am using DVD-Rs Taiyo Yuden [no brand] [PS2 backup], SonyD04 [Sony] [Movies/DVD backup], and MCC [Prodisc] [Movies/DVD backup]...

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

i would use DVD Decrypter to rip it to your hard drive then use Nero to burn it.
    No use using DVD Shrink as it already a copyied disc, no no further compression is required, unless you want to use it in re-author mode just to grab the main title.

3. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

You should always burn at a slower speed (1x or 2x).

Any options would work... on-the-fly with Nero or DVD Decrypter with Nero... or DVD Shrink with Nero... or DVD Clone... or...

Not sure which would be faster... depends on your rig. Test it.

HoHoHo.

4. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

Then what is the point of having higher speed if burning @ higher speed will screw up the quality of your discs?

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You can experiment with higher burning speeds if you want and see how it comes out. Some members get away with 8x burns on dvd movies. Most however suggest that the max burn speed be around 4X to eliminate any possibility of errors. The amount of data being transfered while burning a dvd is very large. The faster you burn the more chance of errors. Its up to you. You need to see what the limitations are for your system. Everyones PC is different.

Jerry