1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying CD's with SecuROM v4.8

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Shin555, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Shin555

Shin555 Guest

Hi, i have tried the advice from this thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/23699 for use of Blindwritefor burnong Hitman 2 (10/10 skulls on ClonyXXL and is SecuROM v4.8).

I managed to back-up the image ok on the program but it is the BWA part which i get bamboozled on, because even though my CD-RW and DVD-ROM are fast i get the odd few big spikes (Even if i set it on the minimun read spped, and they are in places that make the BWA editor hard because it gets confusing and irritating (most of all time consuming).

But when i tried burning the image to disc with my current BWA, it finds the BMA under the Physical Media section.

But here is the strange thing, on the advice on that fantastic thread (so good i added it to my favourates) it says record the image as a DAO Pw, But mine comes up with SAO Cooked. and there are a lot of other options.

Will this work?

If you need more info, would you like my to take a screenshot of the screen, if so tell me how to put it on here, please.

Answers Much Appreciated!!!

2. Shin555

Shin555 Guest

nevermind i have cracked it!!!

Doh! i forgot to check the available write options an DAO Pw was not selected, but its ok now!!

3. oak1

oak1 Member

Hey I was gonna say go to game copy world and get the no cd patch. It is a fixed .exe file that you replace your original with. That way you don't need to copy the game with anything nut clonecd or nero or what ever...install it...and then delete the exe file in the program files folder and replace with the fixed .exe and your set. They usually have one for all the new or popular games. That way you don't need to mess with twin peaks or bwa's.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2003
  4. Shin555

Shin555 Guest

no, no, no, i didn't crack it carck it, i cracked it as in solved.

It was using a BWA editor and then the configuration files of the software but thanx for trying anyways!!

5. oak1

oak1 Member

No problem shin, I understood what you meant. I was just trying to save you the trouble of copying the secure rom 4.8. You really don't need bwa's or anything if you use the no cd patches. That's just the way I do it because my kids tear up cds real quick and I don't like firing up blind write 4.25 every time I need to back up the original as 4.25 is the only software that will produce a working backup of secure 4.8 other than the many step twink peaks and clone cd.