1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying chapters from a movie - HELP PLEASE.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by manyon1, Mar 22, 2005.

1. manyon1

manyon1 Member

I am seeking instruction on how to copy individual chapters of a dvd movie to a backup dvd-r. I currently use dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. Any guide is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. sadsac

sadsac Guest

VOB blanker gives you the option of cutting out the cells of your vob files.

Alternatively, you could use the re-author feature on dvd shrink and set the start/end frames in order to keep what you want.

3. manyon1

manyon1 Member

Thanks sadsac, do you know of any guides on this.

4. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Look for posts by a member named bbmayo. His signature has his website link on it. He has several useful guides.

I know one of his guides shows you how to set start/end frames on dvd shrink.

I'm not sure about VOB blanker. I devised a method of splitting a large movie by using vob blanker and dvd shrink. I know bbmayo wrote a guide for that on his site. That guide should show you how to manipulate the vob cells, but it doesn't specifically show you how to get rid of everything else except the chapters you want to keep. But it should be fairly straightforward after you download vob blanker and look at that guide he wrote. When I have more time, I'll check VOB blanker. I don't really know how to make a visual guide, but I may be able to help you with text instructions.

And you may want to wait a little longer for someone else to answer your thread because there may be an easier way than either one of these that I'm not thinking about.

5. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Alright. I just had to go see. If you open your IFO file using VOB blanker, it's pretty easy to see which VOB file is your main movie. It's the largest one.

Left click on that VOB. Then, in the bottom half of the program window(PGCs in title set), you'll see the various PGCs for the VOB file you selected. If you right click on the PGC that includes the entire movie, then select "cell list", that brings up a new window with all the cells of the movie. You can then right click on the individual cells. Select "preview" to view the ones you want to keep. Then select "extract cell" for the ones you want to keep. This allows you to save the individual cells(or chapters) as separate VOB files.

You can then use DVD shrink to re-author and compose your disk (if you like using free programs). Just drag the VOBs you saved on your hard drive folder to the compilation window in the order you want them to play when you insert the dvd in your player.

If you have another program you bought to compose your DVD, you may be able to add menus, etc.