1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying Copies using Nero - Why not working ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fishin, Feb 16, 2004.

1. fishin

fishin Guest

I am trying to copy several previously copied movies.
    I am using Nero 6 utltra
    The movies copy but always stick at end
    Please give me your ideas ?
    Would differnet copy package be used ?

I have shrink 3.1 to copy originals and use Bero to burn
    Trying to cut down on time by trying to copy a copy without using shrink again

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi fishin, sounds like a cheap media problem. Cheap or poor quality media usually does that. Just a guess since I don't know what brand you are using.
    Jerry

3. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

no its not the media- try using dvd shrink again on the copy- sounds stupid but it works for me. sometimes it might not work thought- but keep trying and it will. Like one time it read a disc up to like 40% than got an error, than i stuck it in my other drive (my burner) and got up to 85%. then i stuck it back in my rom drive again and got it to work.
    if that doesnt work than you somehow have corupt data on the disc- use cdcheck (freeware) to recover the disc.

4. fishin

fishin Guest

Everthing I now try to copy (either on the fly or not) I get an error message stating that I do not have enough space on my blank DVD-R and DRV+RW (have used several different disks)

What is causing this ?

Can copy films via shrink 3.1 but continue to have sticky titles (at end of movie)

Have a 1.2ghz processer with 320mb
    Have an Optowrite dd0401 burner

My son in-law has a 3ghz Hp bought from comet and uses shrink 3.1 and Nero like myslef but never seems to have an issues either with shrink 3.1 or Nero (using DVD copy option), he uses cheap blanks as weel !!!
    NOT FAIR

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Here are a few items that might help. You may be aware of these already. Maximum size file you can burn to a blank dvd is about 4.4gig. Forget about the 4.7gig it states on the blanks, anything above 4.4gig won't fit. Also I don't think your system is fast enough or has enough Ram to do on the fly backup. You need a very powerful system to do that. So stick with DVDshrink(new version)and try the auto burn feature in shrink to use Nero to burn. Check the guides if your not sure how to to it. Also if you are burning at 4X, drop your speed to 2x and see if the backup comes out better. On the second copy, just use Nero disc copy program. Insert the dvd you want to recopy, let it copy to HD, insert blank when it asks for it and your done.
    Jerry

6. fat_bloke

fat_bloke Guest

Hi,
    you may also get this problem if you have other programs running in the background ie antivirus, firewall with internet running etc,try shutting down as many programs as possible before burning.Ialso find alchol 120% usful for copying copies {create image first then burn image).
    hope this helps.