1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying copy written dvds

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by trem1980, Sep 26, 2007.

1. trem1980

trem1980 Member

is there anyway i can copy my dvds to back them up. i use vista home basic. i just want a really easy software were i can throw a dvd in click a button and it copys it then add it to a dvd burner and bingo? any ideas??????

2. onya

onya Guest

HERE is what you need. It has the guides and software to get you up and runnin'. Note that there are freeware and shareware apps to choose from. Read the guides well, and post back if you have any queries.

MODS, please teleport to correct forum. :)

Cheers.

3. trem1980

trem1980 Member

erm thats like well over my head mate? i dont know what any of them mean or do?

4. trem1980

trem1980 Member

ok i cant download the dvd shrink? says somet bout an attachment

5. onya

onya Guest

I tried the download to make sure all is well.... and it appears ok. Do you have a download manager? if so, disable it and retry the download again. To make a sucessful backup of your dvd, you need to get around certain protections(decrypt)and "rip" the files to your HDD. Once you pass those most important details, you're virtually home and hosed. So lets start with the option of using DVD Fab Decrypter with DVD Shrink and Imageburn... ALL these apps are freeware. :) The guide is the second button down and extreme left.

Download and install the software (make a restart also), then put your DVD into your burner and run DVD Fab. As far a selecting what files and where to put them, read the guide. Once you've backed up a couple of times, you'll wonder what the hell all the fuss was about.

So DVD Fab Decrypter gets around the protection and ripping situation

DVD Shrink will compress the ripped files so they fit onto a single layer DVD disc.

ImgBurn will take those files and burn the buggers to a disk.

Howd you get on?

6. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

HI HOWCOMW I CAN'T INSTALLL THE DVDSHRINK 3.2

I TRIED DEP NAD DISPLAY THING BUT STILL IT DIDN.T TAOOK CARE OF THE PROB IS THERE ANYEWAY TO DOWNLOAD THE DHRINK AND RUN AS IN XP

7. onya

onya Guest

vamsilak, it's always better to start your own thread, and as far as DVD Shrink is concerned, version 3.2 is compatible to Win XP all versions. Try HERE for your DVD Shrink 3.2 D/L.

What IS dep nad?

And lastly, don't post with CAPS ON........

8. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

sowwy guys got abit (alott) confused:)

9. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

i know it works for all windows xp but in windows vista preimuim

10. onya

onya Guest

Another member said that DVD Shrink 3.17 worked great. I can't direct you to that version... althogh some members probably can. If the members can direct us to the d/l then all is good. :)

11. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

and whats wrong with dvdshrink3.17

12. trem1980

trem1980 Member

ok i cant find any of the dvd shrinks that will download and work the one u supply when i open file it goers to adobe reader and cant open the file? i have all the instructions but cant get the program. i recently tried ultra iso which copys the disc fine but when i click burn it tells me there inst enought memory on disc drive c or somet? im clueless to be honest lol? not really up on pc programmes etc

13. deadlove

deadlove Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2007