1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying Dual Feature DVD's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by linuxman, Sep 10, 2004.

1. linuxman

linuxman Member

Over here in Iraq, the locals have figured out a way tio put 2, 3 and sometimes even 4 full length dvd features on 1 DVD. On a few of them DVDShrink has been able to allow me to copy and burn the dvd. However, most of them say "invalid navigation structure". What they do is have a root menu that allows you to choose which movie you want to watch, then it takes you to a title menu where you play, watch the extras, etc.

When using dvdXcopy, I get an error that says unable to read VOB, and with Intervideo DVDCopy2 It seems to copy all of the disk (approx 4.2 gb) but I only see the 1st feature. Also with DVD Decrypter and smart ripper, all I am able to rip off is the 1st feature on the dvd.

Any Ideas on what I might use to get both, or all of the features off of these dvd's?

Thanks
    Linuxman

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I assume that these dvd are already copies since they have 3-4 movies on them. You don't need to decrypt them again. Just try using a straight disc copy feature like in Nero or Roxio. No need to rip it again. Good luck and keep your head down over there.

Jerry

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Your best bet is what Jerry suggested ... disc copy with Nero or Roxio.

Take care.

Flip

4. linuxman

linuxman Member

You know, it is amazing what you can do when you simplify the task. Thanks guys!!

Linuxman