1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying DVd backup

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by pernes, Sep 18, 2004.

1. pernes

pernes Member

I have used DVD Shrink and Nero 6 to shrink and burn a back up copy, however if I try to copy the dvd copy I have just burnt I get an error message. As I still have the shrinked copy on my hard drive it will let me make another copy from this source. Any help as to why I can't copy the copy?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

What brand of media are you using? <- this will most likely answer your question :)

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Are you trying to copy on the fly or are you ripping it first and then trying to copy it. Some Roms will time out if you're trying it on the fly.

4. muerte

muerte Member

Hi,
    I can't copy my copys either. I get a cyclic redundance check failure (not on all of the but on most). I have tried 3 brands of dvd-media (traxdata, bulkpaq, and princo). But my friends dvd is fine to copy even on my computer (hes using the same brands on dvd-media). I'm using Shrink version 3.1 and nero 6.3.1.15. All my settings are as when i installed the program. My friends burner is the model aftar mine and is using shrink 3.2 and dnero 6.3.0.2.

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

pernes, yes you can use the files on your HD to burn another copy.

muerte, you really need to download the new shrink 3.2, it is far superior to 3.1 with it's new quality settings and it's ability to replace extras with a still image thus retaining menu function for your movie.

There is no need to copy your copy, why not just use your original to make another copy? Actually nero will do a copy to copy.