1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying DVD-RW disc to DVD-R to play in other DVD players ?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by MeNoRike, Mar 15, 2005.

1. MeNoRike

MeNoRike Member

I currently own a Pioneer DVR-225 and I was recording some things onto a DVD-RW disc because I am able to edit out commercials and things only on DVD-RW format. If I use DVD-R, I am not able to cut sections out of saved info on the disc.

The thing is, I want to be able to play the DVD-RW disc on all my DVD players at home, and wanted to know how I could get a DVD-RW to play on other players in my home.
    I treid to copy the DVD-RW to a DVD-R but could't get the DVD-r to play on other recorders, just the one it came from.

Any suggestions ?

2. chas0039

chas0039 Member

Your -R DVD burn should be more compatible with players than the -RW so I would guess that problem is in your burn/copy procedure. I am not sure what format your Pioneer writes to. Some of these recorders use a format that needs to be recoded. I would suggest that you check at videohelp.com as they have quite a few users who love the Pioneer recorders