1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying dvd segments????

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by brian63, Aug 31, 2004.

1. brian63

brian63 Member

a few years back i used too make compilations of my fav film segments joined together using 2 vhs recorders then adding my own music as a soundtrack - is there anyway i can possibly do something similar with dvds...i have a huge collection and am itching to try it out

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes I suppose you could but you would Probably need some Fairly expensive editing Software.....

3. eandtc

eandtc Member

Expensive software isn't necessary. Use DVDShrink to copy the entire DVD, or better yet, segment the film into your favorite scenes. Then use editing software that can read VOBs, or use a program that can demux the VOBS into elementary streams, such as VOBRATOR, and then place the footage into your editing software.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes for DVD"s But that isn"t what he wants ...He is Talking about VHS...

5. eandtc

eandtc Member

Read it again...

"is there anyway i can possibly do something similar with dvds"

Once he has the DVD footage together, he can easily add a soundtrack with the editing software that comes with most burners.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2004