1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by arbjones, Oct 28, 2004.

1. arbjones

arbjones Guest

I am trying to burn a copy a dvd with DRX-710UL
    with the software that was supplied .. Nero Express 2 and I can't seem to get it going. It keeps telling me not enough space on DVD but I am trying to use the burner for both read and copy but it doesnt seem to recoqnize i am trying to do this - just gives error message. Is there another software package that is better? Also how can I burn the image to my HD because that doesnt seem to work either. I am able to burn CD's with it and it can play the DVD's. Also there is no security protection Many Thanks

2. HelloWrld

HelloWrld Member

I'm gonna guess that your source DVD is a DVD-9, as opposed to a DVD-5. I'm also guessing that this is a movie DVD. If that's the case, give DVD Shrink a try. It can rip the DVD, and shrink the DVD so that it fits onto a DVD-5 disc sorta like how Photoshop shrinks images without noticably killing the quality. If you're not dealing with a DVD movie, and/or you're sure it's a DVD-5 disc, lemme know and I'll see what I can tell you then.

-EMAN

P.S. Hopefully certain terms have been highlighted so that you can click them and learn more about them.