1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by westwood, Nov 4, 2004.

1. westwood

westwood Member

I am using DVDxcopy to copy a movie. When it says that "disc 2 has too much information can not burn", what shall I do? I hope that someone can help me. I am absolutely no good in computers.

2. xDarKeLFx

xDarKeLFx Member

Well, instead of using DVD x Copy you should try using DVD Shrink. I switched to DVD Shrink and DVD burning has been very easy. With DVD Shrink, you just put in your disc, open up the disc in the program, and back-it up to a specfic folder. Then you can use Nero to burn the files in that specfic folder. Then ta-da you have a nice new DVD. DVD Shrink is free btw.

3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I use DVDXCopy all the time, and I don't even know how how managed to burn disc 1. The first menu that pops up lets you set the # of chapters you want on each disc so you can balance the data on 2 discs. For example, you can leave .5 GB free on each disc. Unless you have a dual layer source disc that actually uses more than 9+ GB, you should be able to split the files evenly between 2 discs. What movie are you trying to back up?

4. manestle

manestle Member

Probably the easiest and most effective way to burn a DVD movie is to use AnyDVD by Slysoft to remove CSS copy protestion and Nero Recode 2 to compress and burn to a DVD-5. AnyDVD works in the background while Nero Recode 2 compresses and burns it making the time factor of producing a copy very fast (about a half hour to 45 minutes). I haven't found a movie yet I could'nt copy using this method. Two other programs that work well together and most importantly is they're FREE is DVD Shrink and DVD Decrytper. DVD Shrink will decrypt and compress and DVD Decryter will burn the disc in one easy step.

5. hm1

hm1 Regular member

DVD shrink everytime

This programme smokes them all

6. antons

antons Member

DVD Shrink does it all!
    You can select chapters, select compression rate on each title.

Then you may let DVD Shrink automtically run Nero and burn the disk - so no messing up!.

THE BEST part is it is totally FREE! Grap it now!