1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying DVD's in Windows Vista

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bronnac, Feb 9, 2007.

1. bronnac

bronnac Member

Hi all,

I recently got Windows Vista Business from work and have upgraded my Main PC at home.

I have used RipIt4Me/DVDDecryper/FixVTS/DVDshrink/IMGburn setup for a while now with no problems on Windows XP and I was wondering if I'm going to have to change my software choice/routine with Vista.

I know AnyDVD/CloneDVD support Vista (according to thier website), Would moving over to those programs yeld better results? or will my previous setup work fine on Vista?

Thanks in advanced

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

anydvd + clonedvd 2 would be faster and easier to use but not necessarily better.

all the other programs should work with Vista but i am not sure since i don't have it. you can download them and see if they run ok, it wouldn't hurt anything. heres some guides plus you can download software here too

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I heard that some versions of Windows Vista has a DRM problem that would interfere with burning DVD/CDs!

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

yes ihoe that is my understanding that vista will not allow copying of any copyprotected media, that is why a lot of users won't upgrade to the new opperating system vista

5. ireland

ireland Active member

a friend of mine installed vista his report to me..

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

hummm good info Ireland as always

7. bronnac

bronnac Member

Right,

I have installed AnyDVD 6.0.9 & CloneDVD 2.9.0 and both work absolutly fine in Vista but I have not had a chance to try it on a newer dvd with the most recent Copy protection. Will let you know soon :D

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

the latest verisons of clonedvd 2 + anydvd will handle all the new releases.being it updates all the time. if you happen to have a problem transcode one do the movie only and that will get though it

9. bronnac

bronnac Member

Im absolutly loving Vista at the moment, its so gorgeous to look at :)

Not had a problem locating drivers for my three computers in the house either.

Looks like im going to have to put my XP cd's to rest in the attic me thinks :)

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

are you using the 32 bit Vista ?

11. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

i'm using Vista Ultimate with no problems

copying using latest version of anydvd and nero recode

12. bronnac

bronnac Member

Yes, 32bit Business Edition

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

cool, your shouldn't have any problem using dvd decrypter/dvd shrink then. have you tryed using them yet?

14. S2K

S2K Regular member

every single ripping and drm removal program I have is working fine (and faster!) under vista!

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i will probably go with Vista but it will be a couple years before i pull the trigger on it

16. bronnac

bronnac Member

I havent actually tried the old way, but I kept reading about DVD shrink not working too well in Vista so I just went with cloneDVD.

I hope someone does try the others though and let us know

17. Cupillac

Cupillac Member

I have been using DVD Decrypter->Shrink->Decrypter setup for two years now will no problems at all, but when I upgraded to Vista, Decrypter no longer works properly. I forget the exact error, but it will not let me copy to the dvd.

I'm not sure what to do right now. Should I purchase Anydvd and clonedvd?
    What other options are there?
    Using Decrypter and Shrink was the easiest method!

18. heli_slug

heli_slug Guest

i have 32 bit vista and i have all most all dvd copys and dvd clone with any dvd can copy to hard drive and copy to dvd but cant play on my dvd player? i can play it on my computer nut have to go in the folder to find it. the 1st time i burned it it took 2 hrs to do but i re booted and it took 45 mins..... but still have the same problem....

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

ok thats better

make sure your burner no faster than 8x and using good media like Taiyo Yuden and or Verbatim

also make sure you have the latest firmware update on your drive/burner

and if your using the DVD+R format try booktyping them to DVD-ROM or use the DVD dash R format

20. JVC

JVC Active member