1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying DVD's & Vista

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hw2fmncx, Apr 2, 2007.

1. hw2fmncx

hw2fmncx Guest

I have DVD Shrink which fails each time with a data protection error. Are there no solutions to enable DVD Shrink to be used ? What other programs can I use to copy encrypted DVD's with a laptop that runs on vista ?

2. Brily

Brily Member

AnyDVD and CloneDVD both work in Vista.

3. shiloh72

shiloh72 Guest

Dvd shrink doesnt work with vista you can use anything else though.I use dvd cloner 4 it works good.

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

5. hololight

hololight Member

DVD Shrink 3.2 works just fine in Windows Vista. Now this may have been stated in another thread but I don't normally browse these forums and I decided to at least say something here. All you need to do to make DVD Shrink work is the following "simple" instructions....
    Install it like normal (Yes it will fail at the end; do not worry, it installed just fine). Right click on 'Computer' and go to properties. Go to 'Advanced System Settings'. Click the 'Advanced' Tab and then click 'Settings' next to 'Performance'. Now click the 'Data Execution Prevention' tab. Click the 'Add' Button and then browse to the directory you installed DVD Shrink to and select the executable. Click 'done' or 'apply' on all the windows till they are gone. Run DVD Shrink.... Will work like a charm.

Cheers

6. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum hololight...the contributions are welcome.