1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying DVDs

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Swim56530, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Swim56530

Swim56530 Member

Is it possible to copy a burned DVD using Nero without having to encode it through DVD Shrink? If so, is there anything I need to change in Nero to make it work.

2. Mpdogg25

Mpdogg25 Guest

No, I don't think so. For one thing you would probably have to have a dual layer burner and a dual layer DVD to fit the entire movie onto one disk, assuming it is a DVD-9. For another the copy protection on the disk would probably prevent this from even happening. With all of the new movies, I use Decrypter and Shrink. The other day I tried to copy 21 Grams using just Shrink and about half of the way through the process the DVD Burner flew open and the computer locked up. Blue screen of death, IRQL error. After I rebooted the DVD Burner would not recognize anything that I put in it. I had to reconfigure the Burner in my BIOS with auto config to get it to work properly again.

3. Mpdogg25

Mpdogg25 Guest

No, I don't think so. For one thing you would probably have to have a dual layer burner and a dual layer DVD to fit the entire movie onto one disk, assuming it is a DVD-9. For another the copy protection on the disk would probably prevent this from even happening. With all of the new movies, I use Decrypter and Shrink. The other day I tried to copy 21 Grams using just Shrink and about half of the way through the process the DVD Burner flew open and the computer locked up. Blue screen of death, IRQL error. After I rebooted the DVD Burner would not recognize anything that I put in it. I had to reconfigure the Burner in my BIOS with auto config to get it to work properly again.