1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 12lost, Mar 2, 2005.

1. 12lost

12lost Guest

I bought a dvd burner and if i download a movie and try to copy it with nero, I click on the directory where the files are and it shows zero.
    CAN ANYONE HELP??????? Is there something i have to do such as change the format or what?
    thanks

2. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

the file's probably there but it wasn't displayed when you were in Nero. Find it and tell us what you have. One file or more? How big? What format? Does the title include the word Xvid or Divx? Right-click it and go to properties... what does it say?

3. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

You need to be more specific. What format is the movie? Your thread says copying dvds, so did you download from the net or are you meaning copied to harddrive? No one can guess what you mean.

4. 12lost

12lost Guest

I tried both copying and from file sharing, bearshare.
    When i try to pick up the files to burn, they don't come up. I don't know what format they are. I cannot tell, i am a rookie at this.

5. 12lost

12lost Guest

when i click on properties, here is one example:
    1.oceans12.xvi.D.TS-Dream cd and it says avi video.
    2.[tmd]meet the fockers(2of2)avi video
    3.The Notebook (Full Version-Screener -English - Good) avi video.
    and so on.

6. 12lost

12lost Guest

and which part of nero should i be using??????
    nero vision?
    nero express?
    nero rom????????
    PLEASE HELP
    THANKS

7. 12lost

12lost Guest

This is the message i get when i use nero rom:
    DVD-Vide files compliance test failed. The resulting DVD video might be unplayable. Do you want to continue?

8. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

You have .AVIs. they aren't dvd files... yet. There are two similar looking objects in Vision Express one for making a dvd from video files - this is the one you're using - and one to create a dvd - use that one. When you go to add files you should see your video files there.

9. 12lost

12lost Guest

One big problem i have is that when i try to convert the movie, it shows as only one file, the movie, no other files and then i put it converting all at once since i only have one file "the movie" it just converts that file to dvd but i cannot copy it still, it says it fails.
    helppppppppppppppppp please.

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

12lost,

See the link in my signature? Go there and follow the guide that says Convert AVI to DVD... Let us know how it goes from there.. Please be a little more specific with your problems so we can better help you out we do not have crystal balls so we are not looking at the same thing's you are. The more info you provide the better we can help you out. :)

Good luck!

11. 12lost

12lost Guest

Thanks for replying!!!!!
    I did copy the instructions from your link which is very simple to follow, but i must be doing something else wrong. Here is what i get using VSO DivX to DVD converter:
    When I open it and it comes up and click the yellow folder for the location of the movie, no problem it comes up but here is one example, it stays
    C:\My Downloads\The.Perfect.Score[1of2].avi
    that's it.
    But I noticed it in yours, different files of the movie come up for you to convert one at a time if you want, well mine they stay like this. Then i put it converting the whole thing at once just the way it shows at the top and most of the time is not successful and if it is, it goes to one file only and when i try to burn it, it says compilation failed or something like that. I don't know what it is.
    Thanks
    Any more help would be appreciated.
    ps. I am using all your software you posted and try to burn it with nero.

12. 12lost

12lost Guest

Please helppppppppppppppp!!!!!!

thank you

13. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

What version nero do you have.

Open Nero Vision Express / make DVD / add files. Your avi files should show up when you navigate to the folder they are in.

Are your movies compressed in .rar file? If so extract them with winrar.

Have you burnt anything successfully? Look around there are guides all over the place. Read Read Read

Edit: Mayo, nice resource

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  14. wally31

wally31 Guest

15. 12lost

12lost Guest

Actually I have another movie that I tried to burn but it said it was too big for a normal 4.7G so I tried to put it through shrink and the files would not come up on shrink. This is the message i get:
    DVD shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.
    Failed to open file C:/My Documents/dvd files/VIDEO_TS.IFO . The system cannot find the file specified.
    I guess these are vob files,
    VTS_03_0.IFO

Help please.
    and thank you very much for putting up with my dumbness

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Instead of clicking on Open Files in Shrink just click on Re-author right away and browse to the folder your movie is in. Then just drag it from the bottom right window to the left window. :) If you need to see how that is done look at my very first guide at my website.

17. 12lost

12lost Guest

I did click on re-author, i tried both ways. Your link is where i got all the information. Anyways, when I click on re-author and look for the file which is on c:/MyDocuments/dvd files, that's all I get. I don't get any movie. All that comes up but no movie file whatsoever. I must be doing something else wrong. Is there a possibility that i don't have files missing out of the software? Shrink or any other????
    thanks
    much appreciated.

18. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

How did you put the movie on your hard drive would be the question?
    Did you use DVD Decrypter? If so how what mode did you use? ISO/ Reade R or File or IFO???

Actually do this browse to the folder your movie is in and let me know everything you have in there?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  19. 12lost

12lost Guest

Nothing is in there at all. I bring the folder up on the shrink but it shows blank
    thanks

20. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Not in Shrink.. Just use explorer or My computer and browse to the folder and see if anything is there that way?