1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying DVD'S

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by skllcandy, Sep 17, 2007.

1. skllcandy

skllcandy Regular member

if you copy a DVD to your hard drive and it has VOB files and that sort, how do you burn it? is there any special way? b/c it has all of the special features/extras and it is an exact copy of the dvds i have. i'm just trying to make backups.

2. Suba

Suba Regular member

Best software for DVD DL is ImgBurn. You will need dual layer DVD to backup your stuff. If you do not have DL burner, you will have to compress it first to fit DVD5, in that case it is a good idea to take out all the stuff you do not need to get smaller file size before compression.

3. skllcandy

skllcandy Regular member

IDK if i have a dl burner...my dvd's are 4.7 gb. i want to keep all of the extras and things like that...if its possible i would like it to be an exact copy of the dvd

4. morguex

morguex Guest

You can use DvDshrink, to make it fit on one dvd5, But keep in mind you will lose picture quality if you shrink the orginal dvd rip too much.
    Good luck
    Peace all

5. skllcandy

skllcandy Regular member

why would i have to shrink it? when i copy the files to my pc the size is around 2.5 gb.

6. morguex

morguex Guest

well almost every dvd i've rip are at least 5.0gb/s to 7+ gb/s, thats why you would shrink it, if your ripped dvd is only 2.5gb/s then just use nero, imgburm or any good dvd burning software.

7. skllcandy

skllcandy Regular member

would i just add all of the VOB files and all that to the dvd?..nothing special?

8. morguex

morguex Guest

Just have whatever burning program you use open up the folder where you saved the ripped dvd,click on it then pick the folder thats says "video" and your on your way.

9. iphonexu

iphonexu Guest

Cause most DVD movie are encrypted( CSS Copy right protected), you will need to have a 3rd party DVD copy software to help you, take a look at

*spam removed*

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2007
  10. 9523

9523 Guest

**piracy removed by creaky**

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2007
  11. bulldogz

bulldogz Guest

You could Ashampoo Burning Studio to copy the files to DVD.All you have to do is select burn movies and click on the option that says burn prepared folder.Add the VIDEO_TS folder and click next to burn it.