1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying from dvd decryptor to dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by davrave, Nov 2, 2004.

1. davrave

davrave Guest

Original disk was badly worn and dvd shrink gave me a data cyclical error as usual. Dvd decryptor copied it just fine using brute force but now I need to shrink it in DVD shrink. However when opening dvd shrink and trying to open the file from my hard drive,where it is stored, the file created by dvd decryptor is not visible in the dvd shrink program. Any suggestions as to how this can be done?

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

What mode did you use in Decrypter?
    If you used ISO mode in decrypter, then you can't click open files in Shrink. You need to click File-Open Disc Image in the top left corner of Shrink.

3. davrave

davrave Guest

Sorted.Thank you for the input. It worked like a charm. I knew there must be somoeone out there who could help.
    Once again, many thanks!
    Regards, DAVE.

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Glad I could help. Your problem was my first question here at AfterDawn.

5. davrave

davrave Guest

Perhaps you have some idea on the following as well. I was copying a well used movie and dvd shrink gave me a data cyclical error message. However, when I used dvd decryptor to read the disc and back it up, it did so without any problems. I am using the latest version of dvd shrink 3.0.2.15, Nero 6.6.0.1 and a Plextor 712a dvd writer. O.S. is Pentium 4- 3.2Gig with 1 Gig ram and 2x 160 Gig serial ata drives. Any idea why dvd shrink does this?

6. zippyd

zippyd Active member

I'm thinking that because shrink compresses the file it has to anylize(spelling?) each individual cell and it gets rather picky if it can't read them. Decrypter just takes the files for what they are and rips them. I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think I remember reading this explanation elsewhere.