1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying from DVD-ROM to DRU500AX Problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by sellout3, Sep 5, 2003.

1. sellout3

sellout3 Member

Ok, here is the situation…

I have a Sony DRU-500AX. It is hooked up thru my Secondary IDE channel set on master. I have a DVD-ROM drive on the same IDE channel set to slave.

I burned from DVD-ROM drive to DRU drive successfully over 200 times. I was using NERO 5.5 among other programs with no problems. Well I got an idea and I upgraded my firmware on the DRU drive to the latest (2.0f) I think. Ever since then I am having nothing but problems. About 70% or so thru the burn it will spit it out and give me an error telling me to check my source disk, to make sure it is not dirty or scratched. I thought it might me my ROM drive so I got another one and the same thing happens.

I sent the drive off to Sony for service. They “fixed” it and it is still doing the same thing. Of course I have done all of the following…

- Changed from PIO Mode Only
    - Changed back to DMA mode
    - Updated my motherboard drivers
    - Tried with Sony’s Veritas software (works about 60% of the time)
    - Turn off all virus scan software
    - Restart before every burn (this seems to help some of the time)
    - Reformatted my Hard Drive
    - Reinstalled Windows 2000 Pro

The burner works great if I burn from the Hard Drive. This only happens when I burn from ROM drive to burner directly. Please don’t tell me it is cheap media, because like I said before I burner over 200 just fine with the same media. Do you think it is something with the firmware upgrade? This only started happening when I upgraded from firmware version 1.0 to 2.0f. PLEASE HELP

SYSTEM SPECS

Athlon XP 1800+
    256MB RAM
    120GIG HD
    WIN 2000 PRO w/ Service Pack 4

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

3. sellout3

sellout3 Member

I searched all over that site with no results of how to downgrade my firmware. If anyone else knows how / where to do this please let me know. Any other suggestions??

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member