1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying from PVR to D-VHS

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by billys, Mar 7, 2004.

1. billys

billys Member

I have a Motorola DCT6208 HD PVR and a Mitsubishi HS-HD2000U D-VHS and I am trying to copy shows from the PVR to the D-VHS over the firewire connector. The problem I am having is that the output from the PVR firewire to the D-VHS or the television is not clean as the output from the YPbPr connectors. Is there something I need to do to a firewire connector before recording?

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

What do you mean by the firewire is not clean? Is it really fuzy, blured, off colour ete.
    Its too bad the D-VHS doesn't have component in and outs.
    Can you view the firewire on your TV directly? If you are and I read your post wong, what you can do is use a Digital Line Time Base Corrector (LTBC) Depending on what your clean issue is, this detects images with strong horizontal jitter and employs powerful correction methods to repair the jitter.
    So you can use a device like the Canopus ADVC-300 to help clean up the firewire.

3. billys

billys Member

Sorry I wasn't specific. I think you are on the right track though. When the picture is displayed to either the TV or copied to the D-VHS and then played from the D-VHS, the picture is digitally correct (colour correct, 1080i, no pixilation) except the display continuously jitters. It appears to be horizontal. I'll look into the LTBC and tell you what happens. Thanks.

4. buffalob

buffalob Member

I just got a DCT6208 and am interested in transferring video to my pc. Are all the ports (firewire, usb, ethernet) working on your machine? Did you have to turn them on yourself? If so how? Have you tried connecting to a pc? Thanks for the info!

5. billys

billys Member

No, sorry. I received this box from my cable company so I haven't checked out the ports except for trying to connect the firewire port to my TV and DVHS. I have not tried the computer connections. I would be interested to know how you make out.