1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying hard drive

Discussion in 'PS2' started by w4gfr, Mar 11, 2005.

1. w4gfr

w4gfr Member

i have conected my 200gb maxtor which is loaded with ps2 games to my pc to copy to another 200gb maxtor.using winhip i select to copy one drive to another. after this complete the drives shows all the games have been copied. when i place the drive back in my ps2 and put my hd advance disk in, it tells me that my drive needs to be formated. if i select yes it will clean the drive of all data. i formated the drive before connecting to my pc. also when i place my original drive back in to my ps2 it ask the same question about formating the drive. can anyone give me some help. my child will be very upset if i loose all his gamews. please help/ thanks.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

are you sure you have formatted the drive with the right format? I don't use the HD, so I don't know what it requires, but there is FAT, FAT32, NTFS, or possible it uses its own proprietary format. Try doing a google search for "copying PS2 Hard drive"

3. w4gfr

w4gfr Member

thanks for your response. found that the problem was that norton ghost was the cause of the problem. just removed ghost from my pc, and used winhiip to copy 3 new drives. copied with no problems and all work great. thanks

4. williej

williej Regular member

Look, when you hook your HD up to your PC for the first time (probably after ripping some games with HD Advance/HD Loader) and try to copy games and then reinstall it back into the PS2, you will see the box asking to reformat. If you get this box, don't be alarmed. After you put your HD into the PC, it was 'converted.' You know how to select the 'master' or 'cable select' jumper settings on the back of the HD. After that, your junk should work. Holla back if that doesn't work.

You can use WinHIIP and PS2Handiness to copy the game. You don't need Ghost because you can use the free programs mentioned in the sentence above to select individual games to copy. Hope this helps ...

5. tomdkat

tomdkat Member

If you get this box, don't be alarmed. After you put your HD into the PC, it was 'converted.' You know how to select the 'master' or 'cable select' jumper settings on the back of the HD. After that, your junk should work.

Can you please explain a little further. I understand what the jumper settings are. I just don't understand what causes the problem and how to fix it

thanks