1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying IFO to BUP, and is it necessary?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by helmhead, Mar 5, 2003.

1. helmhead

helmhead Member

My main movie files for "Big Lebowski" were not in VTS_01_xx.vob like I was used to, but in VTS_04_xx. I read up on how to burn this, and here is what I came up with:

Rip the main movie files with the original VTS_04_0.ifo to my HD. Done.

Open up IFOedit and click VOB Extras, uncheck all but "Create new IFOS" and whatever they automatically check for you after that.

Here's where my problems lie. I messed up the first time because I'm a moron, but now I am trying to be a little more cautious. Obviously I have to rename the movie files to coincide with the newly created IFOs. So, let's say I rename them to VTS_01_1.VOB and so on for the others.

I read that I have to change the newly created IFO's to BUPs. Is this true? If it is, how do I do it? Can I do it simply by renaming or do I have to get some program to do it?

Secondly, I'm sure this has been addressed in this forum somewhere, but I just thought of it... Whenever clicking DVDPLAY in IFOedit, I get kernel32 errors. Any way around this?

Thanks for your time.

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

The suffix is not important, the _03 etc suffixs are probably for trailers or extras or something. The main movie can keep that suffix, so long as you keep the IFO file along with it. What are you using to author and fit on one DVD? DVD2ONE?

Paul.

3. helmhead

helmhead Member

I used SMARTRIPPER for this one, but I also have DECRYPTER. It just finished creating the IFOs, and apparently it makes both IFOs and BUPs for the VOBs. Excellent.

Sorry to post that, I didn't realize it would do that because one of the guides I read said it wouldn't.

I normally just use either of the above programs, and then IMGtools to make an img and burn through DECRYPTER. I might try NERO this time.

Now that I have both VIDEO_TS and VTS_01_1 IFOs and BUPs, and the entire movie in a new VIDEO_TS dir on my HD, which I renamed from VTS_04_01.vob - VTS_04_04.vob to VTS_01_01.vob - VTS_01_04.vob, all totalling 3.55 gigs, can I burn successfully?

The first time I completely forgot to rename the movie files, so I can only watch it on my computer... doh! But, this should work, right?

Sorry for all the numbers and confusion up there, just wanted to be precise!! :)

Thanks

4. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Go to the little guide in the DVD2ONE forum and it will give you the burn also. You don't need to create any directories if you use Nero in the way that I use it and the DVD will be compatible with a lot of players that I have tested.

Paul.