1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying iso/bin files from mac onto hd

Discussion in 'PS2' started by acidliam, Jan 10, 2005.

1. acidliam

acidliam Member

hi, quick question, sorry if this is repeated :s

ive just ordered a maxtor drive for my ps2 and im planing on copying the iso/bin files via usb and loading them via hdloader

the thing i want to check is can i just copy the files direct to the hard drive from my mac and will they then show in the hdloader menu when i reboot my ps2 with the hdloader cd and hd reconected or do i need a specific utility to copy the files over to make them compatable?

sorry if that sounds mumbo jumbo but im new to all this jazz :p

thanks

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

You won't be able to do it with USB. The Mac will not recognize the PS2's disc partition format. Your most likely solution to this problem is to see if there are any utilities to FTP to the PS2 using your Mac's Ethernet port.

3. acidliam

acidliam Member

bah

so basically do it in a lan fashion?

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I know for certain that the Mac will not recognize the file system if you simply plug it in USB. There are utilities that allow Windows PC's to access the file system by opening up the PC and connecting the drive to an open IDE connector but even Windows will not recognize the file system on the drive without such a utility. Do a search and you'll find that some people here are doing an FTP connect VIA Ethernet to transfer their files due to the dissimilar file systems.

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I recommend FTP since it's universal across different platforms and also since I don't believe anybody has made a utility to allow the Mac to access the PS2 file system like for Windows computers.

6. acidliam

acidliam Member

i thought not

i'll look into ethernet but im not too up on that sort of thing

thanks for the info anyway :)