1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying mpeg files to dvd with shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by keno72, Nov 17, 2004.

1. keno72

keno72 Member

k, here's my problem.... i was able to resolve most of them on my own BUT! i'm using an ati all-in-wonder 9600 video card, and i have no problems recording from tv, or brocasting back to tv from puter now i've exported the "*.vcd" format to *.mpg but can't get shrink to burn the files to dvd-r, it says my movies have an "invalid filename" am i using the wrong software to do this? WHAT AM I DOING WRONG! please help, thanx

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

DVD Shrink will only recognize DVD compliant files - VOB, IFO and BUP. You'll need to use something such as TMPGEnc/DVD Author to convert your files to the proper DVD format in order for Shrink to recognize them :)

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

keno72,

Have you tried NVE(NeroVisionExpress)? It will allow you you to convert the files(It also converts faster than most of the other file conversion apps), add more than one file, create a custom menu for your compilation so you can navigate and go to any file you wish, set chapters, compress, and burn to DVD all in one app.

It even has a software remote control with which to preview your work and make sure it works and allows you to make any changes you wish before you burn to disc.

It comes in the Nero Ultra 6 suite, an entire suite of audio and video programs which you can use for free each and every month for the entire month til you decide to buy(which I highly recommend). You must reinstall it each month and then you are good to go for that month.

Don't forget to install the update packs 1-6 with the exception of pack #3,InCD. You don't need it and it can cause problems.

Good luck however you decide to go :>)

4. keno72

keno72 Member

thanx Nephilim, tmpgenc work perfectly! <the second time> i used it... the firsst time after saving the files i tried using shrink, but home dvd player wouldn't read it... so the next time i did it i also used the tmpge authoring software... worked like a charm, and it only cost me 1 dvd... again, thanx 4 the help, it was greatly appreciated! ciao!